• Hug
  • Customer reviews

on 27 August 2016
I have to read this several times a day. I have to say I've grown to love it as much as my little one. With my first two kids I thought it was the most annoying book in the world (having only 3 words in total) but now because my youngest adores it so much I do my finest acting and she loves to hear the different ways I can act out the word 'hug'. V minimalist but soooo effective if you commit to it! Reminds me of the importance of expression and tone when reading to kids. Love Jez alborough, he's a genius :)
One person found this helpful
on 2 December 2009
When my first grandson was born this book became part of his bedtime quiet routine and would be read to him just before he was put down even when he was tiny. Few words so the story can change with the age and understanding of the child. I loved the introduction of support, family and belonging that is at its heart. This set was for our new grandson and like his cousin will be part of his early security. With recycling and reducing wastage in mind I cut out the lovely pictures reproduced from the story which form part of the box, made a plastic case from the clear box top and put the pictures in the case for the time when we can use them as a matching game - match the picture to the page to encourage growing awareness and observation skills. This will add another dimension to a lovely gift.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 March 2017
Lovely quality picture book. The hard back is standing up well to the little ones roughness. Would recommend. Cute story for babies / young toddler.
on 14 December 2016
The sweetest book! Minimal wording, but pictures speak a thousand words and opportunity for the reader to fill in the gaps, if they so wish! We love this simple tale, of love and care in the greater community and of course, most importantly, at home!
on 9 February 2017
This was bought for 'Gran' who is always ending messages and letters with 'hugs'. She can read it to our kids when we visit. A huge hit for a 'hugger'.
on 24 February 2016
I found it a bit repetitive -not very colourful for a toddler -and also a little bit upsetting all the way through until the last page!! My daughter seemed to think it was ok but not her fave
on 26 October 2017
This is an excellent item for a young child my relative loves it. Thank you.
on 28 October 2016
My favourite book at the moment. Makes me want to re-evaluate my life and be a better person. Must read, cant put down title...
on 7 June 2017
My daughter of 20 months just loves this book. Only a few words but just loves the animal pictures.
on 28 December 2017