This guide was written for the Xbox360 but is not written or presented in a console-specific way.

The presentation and layout is very similiar to Bradygame's guide to GTA4 but with the welcome return of the vehicle showrooms. Prerequisites for 100% completion are explained and the back of the book has maps showing points of interest, pickups and the locations of every Seagull.

Owners of a PC or PS3 will find this guide just as helpful as 360 owners. For any gamer wanting to get the most from Episodes From Liberty City this guide is probably essential.
on 24 May 2010
After a long wait, Rockstar finally saw sense and released these two games for the PS3, and as I would normally do I invested in the strategy guide to help me get 100%, not being the world's best gamer. Normally I would hold these up as essential in beating every element required to achieve completion, even after the experience I had a few years back with the Vice City Stories and San Andreas guides for the PS2 where there were a few inconsistencies in maps etc.

However, especially in relation to The Ballad of Gay Tony (this guide covers both it and "the Lost and the Damned") I wouldn't really have this down as totally essential. Because, unlike other GTA games, TBOGT requires the player to get 100% in all missions by fulfilling some criteria that are based on skill, not simply finding stuff or making stunt jumps- for example there is a mission where you have to shoot four bolts on a NOOSE APC underneath a helicopter. It took me long enough simply to nail all four expending a whole load of ammo- to get 100% in that mission you had to do it in 4 shots, so while the guide can tell you that is what you have to do, it is still down to the player to carry out the task, which I will probably find impossible. Therefore, since an in-game screen at the end of the mission will tell you what you need to do to achieve 100% the guide is not necessary in that regard, except perhaps as a reminder.

The other issue in relation to TBOGT is that the seagulls map has an error- it claims(with a screenshot) that there is a seagull in one place which is wrong- obviously, me being me, I always assume it is my mistake and that I am doing something wrong, but a quick check of the seagull finder on the GTA IV site allowed me to find the missing one that was not marked on the map and discard the incorrectly marked one. Perhaps this is a difference between the PS3 and Xbox version, or perhaps it is a deliberate mistake to help identify any online copyright infringements, but again since the info required was easily (and more accurately) available online it goes some way to proving that it is not really necessary to purchase this guide.

Saying that, it is useful to have everything together even with the errors, but if money is tight for you I would suggest that it is possible to get full trophies and 100% using only in-game and online sources. Also note that throughout the guide it does refer to Xbox controls only, but this should not have an impact on PS3 users since apart from the one seagull, I found it corresponded to every other element I came across.
on 23 February 2013
played many variations of this game and the book was a very useful reminder of how much is actually in the game I had not bothered with. So a good read and good quality colour images make this a good buy in the ever growing electronic book threat.
on 25 October 2010
Its a really good book.helped me all the way till the end of the game.the book was brand new and came in excellent condition x
on 12 August 2013
Great purchase, this has extended the life of my game as I now can do all the side missions. I will be buying other guides from this series
on 12 April 2015
Shows all the needed information to complete the game 100%. Easy to read and well formulated text, with maps and pictures.
on 1 September 2013
Two enjoyable romps through well known GTA 4 territory with a touch of deja vu! I found this publication helped keep my balance between the two separate stories. Well up to the usual standard, and highly recommended.
on 6 July 2016
Happy with it exactly what it said it was and exactly what I was after !!!
on 31 August 2014
My son loves this game so he highly rates it. It works well on his PC.
on 16 January 2013
Why the title ?
I was looking for the cheapest GTA LC game and i get confused and ordered the book :)
But i'm happy anyway,my kids are big fans of the game (yeah,i know,they shouldn't).

Fast shipping nd all :)