VINE VOICEon 5 March 2006
I just finished reading "Pretend You Don't See Her" for the second time. I will definitely be reading it a third time.
What I liked about the book:
It is highly believable that when a (in this case) young woman more or less witness the murder of another person, she will be in a great deal of danger. As she is the only one to have seen the, thought to be dead, murderer, her danger is even greater. Now the murderer, in this case Sandy Severano, has a great incentive to kill her, and he is eager to have it out with Lacey.
I also really liked the uncertainty about who was the murderer's informant. It wasn't until the last few chapters that it became really clear who the culprit was.
What was problematic about the book:
Would a woman who knew that she was on the hit-list of a murderer, and had been taught how to behave as a witness-program person, enter into her old field of work? Would she also take the chance of informing her family of where she was? Perhaps, but I'm not certain I buy that. This does increase the suspense in the book. Without having a clue of where Lacey was, Sandy would have a difficult time beginning his search for her. It still made me unhappy. This was the only difficulty I had with this book.
All in all I thorougly enjoyed this book and highly recommend it to any and all.
8 people found this helpful
on 5 April 2018
Very enjoyable read
on 24 March 2015
Another of Mary Higgins-Clark winners. A bit different to her usual plots but enthralling. Hard to put down
on 4 December 2015
Very good story keeping you gripped til the end.
on 14 February 2014
I love all books by this authoress and always have when passed on to friends they will also love it
on 31 August 2015
OK
on 20 January 2016
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 22 June 2015
Just love her books
on 8 December 2015
Took a long time to arrive
on 25 February 2015