on 9 November 2015
Very outdated. While had some good points if people follow this then I can see the reason why so many are still single and searching.
on 8 March 2012
Up to date advice, well worth the read for any woman planning to join an internet dating agency. Would say that it was best read in conjunction with the original book (which I read some years ago). The original book may be a little out of date re cyber-world, but enlarges on some of the key principles of good relationship skills.
on 1 February 2014
Borrow a friend's copy before purchasing...... There are a few valid tips in here regarding how long to wait before responding to men..... HOWEVER, being over 50, it is not in one's best interest to play games and the men can sense it, because I have tried a lot of the suggestions.....
on 3 December 2012
I read this book once and followed a lot of the advice and it worked, but didnt keep it up. I intend to re-read it and put all the tips into action, new years resolution - maybe I can then find the man of my dreams and not waste my time on men that arent right for me.
on 7 December 2013
Wish I had it when I was younger! I learnt a lot from it.. especially to put me first!
Highly recommended..
on 29 July 2014
Every woman in every decade of her life need to read this! Will the book help you meet mr right really quickly no! But it will protect you and guide you through all the mr wrongs along the way!
on 25 June 2014
This book isn't a bad general introduction to online dating. Full of facts and figures, it contains some useful pointers. My criticism of the book is that a lot of the advice it contains is just common sense and that it's a bit dull. A better book, in terms of advice and readability is Internet Dating: A Confessional by Rowling or Rawling or something. Funny, a real page-turner, and with some genuinely useful pointers.
on 4 August 2014
This is a very interesting book, but so very outdated! I used to apply similar practices to dating and time after time was told that the man thought i wasnt interested because i didnt pursue him and didnt open up enough.certainly in the UK women are expected to put a lot more work in - situation almost seems to have reversed from our parents generation. that is what this is - dating for the over 50s
on 26 October 2011
This book is a good easy read and one you can just dip in to with out having to read from cover to cover.
on 9 November 2014
If you are a kind of submissive, obedient women, go on apply the rules and good luck. A friend of mine handed me this book and I was very enthusiastic when I started to read it and convinced that It was going to work. But the bad news is they do not work at all if you want to be happy!!.
Well, when reading the book, I got a new boyfriend, I was applying the rules word by word and everything was fine, and I say it was fine FOR HIM, because at that moment my circumstances were not the best in my career. During the relationship, I had had a hard time to find a good job that suited my skills.
Finally, I got my dreamed job and in just a few days his attitude changed completely. The fear factor that I could be independent, a self-confident woman scared him away. What I understood about this book it is not be yourself, give up your dreams and pursue only his. It is selfish and inconsiderate, how can we be happy with such advice?. I am a woman who was raised with good values, I got a professional degree, and I have worked hard all my life.The authors want to convince the readers, that our grandmothers kept their men for longer and better than we do, but the question is: were they happy? In the past, women were not allowed to go to the university, they were not allowed to file a divorce, they were not allowed to enroll in a political party, the society itself pointed at them if they had brains... So to the authors: times DO change, re-write this book according with the 21st century, and learn more about your own experience, there should have been a happy ending for you than you have in real life with respect to your own marriage. One of the husband's authors filed the divorce for the grounds of abandonment... Did she give up her career/success for him? as far as I know, she is still writing books. In conclusion, I think this book may have a negative effect on a woman's emotional well being and self esteem. By the way, the friend who handed me the book, filed a divorce as well...