Customer reviews

on 22 April 2013
I didn't find this helpful. If you're the one with high desire, not pressurising or getting angry with your spouse and you're both communicating well, it's not really worth reading. It could help you understand a low desire person more and understand why it's usually good at the start, when with some one new and stop you feeling duped... The author basically admits this at the end of the book. She was the low desire person and changed the way she thought about it, made more effort etc. I found it repetitive and patronising because I don't feel my hubby and I have difficulty with communication we have a very affectionate, loving relationship and simply have totally different sex drives. The person with high desire and completely wanting to stay married has to put up with it, stay kind and encouraging to their partner, hope they'll find it in their heart to see your pain and make more effort. Don't buy this if you're wanting your low desire partner to read it, it'll gather dust because he/she won't see there's a problem. The author even admits this but later in the book says she hopes you're reading it as a couple and that 'by now your spouse should hopefully be making changes'. Not meaning to sound like I'm passing 'blame' it might help some people improve their sex lives, especially if the low desire person reads it. Not all high desire people are nasty and angry or unable to communicate their needs.
on 15 February 2014
I read half of it, then stopped because I felt it was not really a book for me. I think it is mainly aimed at couples who are older than me (in their 50s perhaps), so I didn't feel I learnt a lot from it. It was about lack of communication in a couple and lack of understanding. But I am in a good relationship with my husband and we have already talked about the issue together, and we know what each other think and feel, so the book didn't help a lot. I am a bit disappointed but can highly recommend the book "Perfectly Normal" for younger people who are in a good relationship.
on 18 November 2009
This is a practical guide to avoiding the pitfalls of a marriage gone stale, ie: affairs, divorce , learning the hard way. The few pounds it costs is definately worth spending because it provides some very useful, fun and sexy suggestions for rescuing the libido from under the piles of detritius which modern life tends to heap on it.
If you go so far as to buy this then a) you feel that your relationship is worth saving and you will probably make the effort to try some of the techniques which are recommended, and b) you will inject excitement into your relationship and c) look at your partner afresh and begin to recapture some of the respect and desire which has quite possibly been diminishing for several years.
A good book which provokes much thought,laughter and pleasure
on 20 March 2014
its not what thought it would be, its all stories about other people, its not for me so I would not recommend, if you want facts
on 28 May 2010
If you are short of sexual activity in your relationship and are unhappy about it, male or female you need to read this book. It may just save your relationship, even if it does not for whatever reason it will help you in a future one to avoid the pitfalls that make for an unhappy couple.
on 13 April 2010
This is an excellent book. It should be studied by both partners to have the desired effect.
on 24 April 2016
Very good.
on 28 March 2013
i would really recommend this book if you are having difficulties in the bedroom. It really helped me see different ways of dealing with the differences in sex drives, the pitfalls we fall into and helpful solutions. It also made me see that Im not on my own and that there isnt something wrong with me.
on 9 July 2014
It is ok
on 15 January 2013
I received the item in excellent condition. Well done. Although I've read only a few pages, even now it is is a great book!