on 17 September 2015
This book is first-rate; as someone with a lot of sports-related injuries, I feel its important to be empowered to maintain your own health.

The main drawback is that, to collect the first aid kit on his list (back of book), it cost me an arm and a leg - and it had to be done mostly using online retailers from the USA (due largely to this government's aversion to 'alternative' healthcare, I'm sure) - so even costlier in terms of postage.

Such a shame Tom Bisio doesn't occasionally run his Chinese Medicine (TCM) first-aid course here in the UK. But if you google him, you'll find his online store where he retails a lot of the lotions that he mentions in this wonderful book.
on 13 March 2014
I have been training Chinese martial arts for more than twenty years, and I can't praise enough this book for the benefits I get from it. A must for a serious martial artist. I only wish the author had added the Chinese characters for at least the names of the main remedies described.
on 18 April 2009
If your into TCM, chi kung (qi gong)or even MA this is well worth the read, with a chapter on the ba duan jin and master acupoints as well as light stretching, diet and of course chinese herbs.

It then gives you common sports injuries and how to first act on them, then how to rehabilitate them so you can get back to your chosen activity safely and quickly, using all the above.

i've not had a chance to use any of them (thankfully)but it would be the first place i look, after the hospital if it's serious

again well worth the read
on 11 August 2012
The time between I ordered to receiving the book was very quick.
The book itself is very, very good.
Down to earth and the author explains things, which is very difficult to crasp in a very easy to understand way.
I have to admit, I had to use a dictionary to be sure of the medical terms, but that may have to do with the fact that English is not my native language.
I can warmly recommend this book to martial art practitioners.
on 13 September 2013
I've been looking for this book for a long time, without ever realising it existed. It contains a wealth of knowledge, delivered with an appreciation of practicality and application. The book is worth its cost simply for the recipe's contained within, let alone the understanding of acupressure and massage therapies and the 8 brocade exercises. Also contained is a fairly comprehensive list of the most common injuries in martial arts, with the relevant treatment explained.

An absolute must for any practicing martial artist.
on 21 October 2014
Excellent book. Especially appreciate the exercises for flexibility, and the health preservation routine. I am doing these daily, and recommending them to my patients.
on 1 February 2015
Read. Loved. Reread. Dying to try out some of the recipes! Easy to read, informative and gave this acupuncturist something to think about. Definitely recommended!
on 23 April 2014
It's helping me a lot on my learning... As Chinese medicine studant.
The more i read the the more information i get.S.E
on 27 December 2014
I use this book a lot to help my understanding of Chinese medicine. It is clearly written.
on 16 February 2015
Great information and a must read for anyone studying TCM or sports sciences