Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 8 July 2013
If I could boil this book down to its essence, I would say the main theme is: if you want to be creative, just make a start. But Tharp gives all sorts of tips on how to get started, how to be inspired, how to approach tasks. It really is a fascinating insight into how she maintained her creative life, and I found it a very inspiring book. My main problem regarding being creative had been a big block in just starting and getting on with it. I found the answer and the advice I really needed in this book.
on 28 February 2015
This book is a very practical and insightful guide to increasing your creativity. It takes the mystery out of the process and makes it a possibility for anyone who is willing to work hard to develop their creative muscles.
on 28 January 2015
She is like that tough teacher, killing you for not pulling your weight and making excuses. I really enjoyed her style of writing and I've recommended it to others
on 7 May 2014
I read this straight through in a couple of days, I think I will now go back and read it again. The practice exercises to get your creative juices going ring true, they are all things which I have perhaps done accidentally when feeling fed up and 'stuck'.
on 10 October 2015
Enjoyable and inspirational read giving insights into the creative process from a leading choreographer. I keep returning to the book and often refer to it in classroom sessions/discussions etc. A little wordy in parts, but definitely a favourite on my bookshelf.
on 29 July 2014
Wonderful book. This book and 'The War of Art' by Stephen Pressfield are my working bibles.
on 16 September 2013
For artists who need some help mentoring themselves if working on their own.
Helpful to hear from a person who has been there before and is very successful
Very good delivery service, good price
on 31 December 2013
This is a really inspiring and uplifting book! It's full of interesting advice and ideas. I loved this book so much that I bought copies for many of my friends.
on 21 February 2013
I read this book in one go, on the plane from Amsterdam to New York, and time flew by! This book is very well written, and an absolute must-read for any artist struggling to find a way to work on their art every day.

What makes this book different from others on the subject is that it was written by some one who has been successful for a long time herself.

I'm implementing many small ideas from this book and it has improved my working habits immensely. This book is a must must must read for any artist who wants to find out how to easily turn the art creation process into a habit, a daily routine. And it is a fun read, it feels as if a successful choreographer is talking to you personally.
on 4 January 2015
Another book that promises much and says Little.