on 7 October 2007
This is the frist book written by Mary Higgins Clark. This book focuses on the love story of George and Martha Washington. The book takes palce in two timelines. It begins with President Washington preparing to leave public office and return to Mount Vernon with his wife Martha, who liked to be called Patsy. And quickly jumps back to periods of Geroge Washinton's youth. Trying to give us some insight on the man and his relation ship with Martha.

A lot of research went into this book. And I learned a lot about one of the founding fathers of the USA. The book is a charming and quick read. You almost are left with the thought of yearning for a few more chapters. It made me want to look further into George Washington's life and career.
on 9 March 2013
Story tedious and jumped backwards and forwards in time, which I found very difficult to follow. Also had expected a romantic novel, but it was supposedly a true story - not what I had wanted at all. Gave up after a chapter, and gave it to a charity shop. I usually keep my books, and will re-read them.
on 1 December 2015
I order these for my 87 year old sister, who spends most of her time reading. Excellent value and condition. Thankyou
on 18 May 2013
Chose this rating because this book is in great condition and it is one of the many books that I wanted to get.
on 28 June 2015