on 10 October 2009
I have many books for jam making etc and this is by far the best. I have made many things from this book, the recipes are uncomplicated and they work. I flip through my other books but find myself returning to this one again and again. The microwave method for lemon curd is a particular favourite and can be made in 15 mins-yum! I would recommend this book.
on 17 May 2009
My favourite preserving book. I bought it as a novice and it included all the information I need to get started. All of the recipes I've attempted have turned out brilliantly (which I suspect is more about the recipe than my skills!). The plum and mulled wine recipe is worth buying this book for on its own.
on 28 February 2014
This book was purchased as a present for a friend, so have not read it. I am not therefore in a position to rate it.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2007
I was hoping for more information on pickles & chutney but the book is biased towards jams - 65% jams 35% pickles & chutneys
on 10 February 2016
Bought for someone who makes lots of jam, and I wanted a few unusual ideas as well as something else such as chutneys which could be made with excess fruits from the garden. I may even buy a copy for myself. Well worth getting a copy.
VINE VOICEon 30 December 2013
You can't get better than this book it just about covers everything from Jams,Marmalades,Pickles and chutneys easy peasy recipes so good I bought a 2nd one for my friend
on 19 August 2015
Simple to use and understand, everything you need to know is listed for the begginer and there's not too many weird and wonderful versions of receipes which suited me.
on 18 December 2014
Brilliant,I've been making preserves for five months now and my repotoire has certainly improved since purchasing this book, thank you.
on 10 January 2016
A highly readable book as one should expect from an organisation that published it.
on 2 October 2016
the book provided a good view of skills we have lost in preserving food