Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 1 September 2017
great book for mamagement techniques and out of the box thinking. Of you are looking to motivate your team and are looking for some different corporate one liners... You won't be disappointed. Makes you think about YOUR OWN ability too and not just those around you.
on 18 December 2015
The book comes with a code that should allow you to complete a test on line in order to discover your strengths. I was unable to get this to work and hence the book was a complete waste of time which is a shame because I bought the book after reading 'First Break all the Rules' which is excellent.
on 6 January 2016
Great quick read and free survey allows you to identify your strengths. Great value
on 3 August 2015
I bought this book specifically to do the Strength Finder Test and the Code is invalid! Very unhappy as I also have recommended it to others
on 31 March 2015
I love the book, and have bought it for several family and friends. However I don't seem to be able to use the access code on this book. It was a new book given to my brother (who's only just using it now) - has it expired?
on 13 March 2014
Don't buy this book used. It has a code in the back to access the online survey which can only be used once. I have now had to buy another book (new) so I can take the test,
on 15 March 2017
Book was bit beaten up, but it's okay
on 7 March 2016
Excellent. Arrived as described
on 4 January 2003
I'm a big fan of this book's predecessor 'First, Break All The Rules' and was looking forward to the publication of 'Now...'
Gallup's research methodology is convincing and, for me, the real value in this book was getting the code to take the test on their web site and "discover my strengths".
The book then explains how to play to your strengths. This in itself is useful for identifying how you can increase your personal effectiveness. Managers will also the find the section on "How to Manage a Person Strong in [each Strength]" useful (if you buy copies for your team and get them all to take the test).
Having said that, I did have fun guessing in my own mind the strengths of my boss and my co-workers from the descriptions given.
The book does not make any prescriptions such as 'To be good in sales you should have these strengths...', arguing that identification of your strengths (and acting on that knowledge) is more fundamental for success in any chosen career. This was encouraging for me as, when I read the book (over a year ago), I was wondering whether I 'had what it takes' in my profession. I didn't seem to conform to the model of success in my organisation. I'm pleased to say that, partly as a result of tuning in to my strengths, I'm now a top performer.
For those of you in senior positions wanting to make changes at an organisational level, the book also goes on to recommend how to build a "Strengths Based Organisation".
The most important theme of the book for me was the authors' conviction that putting effort into developing our strengths is always going to be far more productive and enjoyable than trying to develop our weak areas. If we accept that we're just not wired to perform well in that area, and we have the ability to recognise that strength in others and then collaborate with them, then we're all going to be a lot less stressed, more fulfilled and more effective.
on 11 March 2014
The advertising clearly states the website to go an register on - which is the 2.0 website. However, only when you go to register does it tell you that the code you get with this book is only valid for version 1.0!

I will have to buy another book now to get access to the latest version - not good.