Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 13 May 2017
Such sumptuous, beautiful cards; gilt edged and good quality....not flimsy. The illustrations are superb...so easy to lose myself in these and, as they are based on the Rider-Waite deck, they are relatively easy to understand. That said, I have also purchased the e-book which explains them much more in detail than the book included in the set, but if you are an expert tarot reader you may not need this. The cards and book come in a stylish and sturdy colourful box, with a magnetic closure. It is ideal to keep the cards in as it has a cut out section especially for them. I'm very pleased with my purchase and recommend this set.
review imagereview image
on 12 July 2013
This deck draws heavily on the Rider Waite cards, as do do many others, BUT it is s bold, colourful (verging on busy at times) and gilt edged wonder.

Some traditionalists will probably hate it .... but I found it to be a really lovely addition to my working decks. OK, it's almost too nice to use for everyday readings but would add more than an element of glitzy magic to readings undertaken in festivals.

If you use the cards personally for inspiration then I might be tempted to say this deck is a must...,
on 29 March 2014
I love the rich color and vivid image of many cards in the deck when browsing on the internet. However, i would agree with many reviewers that it is not easy to read. Every card is so crowded and it is very difficult to get a sense of spread with a glance. Maybe less is more.
on 6 June 2017
great digi-art. good stock, nice presentation. Revamping the Arthur Waite tarot. A bit fussy, prefer a simpler deck for actual use, but this still works well. Superb illustrations even tho the digital origin is very apparent, and consequently it lacks a certain charm, but very skilled work even so.
on 6 September 2017
Great energy!
on 4 June 2013
Tarot Illuminati kit arrived this morning.

Opened and examined very carefully since I gather there have been problems with quality on some. All appears fine, however - gilding intact, all cards present in the right order, and none sticking together. I've not always found the decks published by Los Scarabeo to be to my taste but they have certainly excelled themselves with this.

The cards are truly wonderful - vibrant colours and eminently detailed (a larger card size might have shown them off to better advantage?) and good to have the glossy book to accompany them - I particularly like the concise descriptive phrase provided for each card.

Just a pity that the expanded book is available only on kindle - some of us like an old fashioned book that we can leaf through, and I'm sure it would have sold well. Happy with my choice, of deck, and the service provided by Amazon in getting it to me.
on 10 June 2013
These cards are stunning. The colours of the deck are breathtaking and the details are amazing. It quickly became one of my favourites.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2016
A gloriously sumptuous extravaganza of riotously bright, colourful, fabulous quality cards. Based on the RWS system.The cards are VERY thick, which I love, (but not for riffle shufflers). Images are borderless. The backs are of the same design as the box cover, but instead of a picture, the centre has a kind of church window effect with a floral motif at the centre and are reversible.
The card edges are gilded, and the card dimensions are 4.75 x 2.75" and the height of the deck stacked is 1.25" The finish is glossy, but not high gloss.
I've been reading with these for a couple of months and the images are easily readable for anyone familiar with RWS. They really speak to me, but that issue is, as always, subjective!
The 160pp accompanying book is just as beautiful as the cards. full colour throughout with a sturdy matte gilded cover. Inside are four spreads to start you off, and colour illustrations of each card, with the meanings.Dimensions are 5 x7.75 x 0.5"
The box that contains the cards and book is also of high quality, very sturdy with a magnetic closure at the side and the same height and width as the book.
I often send back decks with beautiful artwork because the quality is poor, but this deck doesn't disappoint on that level at all!
The only criticism I have is that the stunning art deserves to be on larger cards.
on 11 June 2013
These cards arrived the week before my holiday. I just had to take them with me. I had been looking forward to getting this deck for some time and I was not disappointed. The cards were beautiful and very good quality as was the book included with the deck. There is much food for thought in this little book. I too, would have liked to have seen the follow up book as a paper book rather than kindle. I was very,very impressed by this deck.
on 23 July 2015
A beautiful deck, stunning imagery that I found easy to work with straight away.

My only complaint with it is that when at the printers some of the cards have obviously been cut too short as half of the text is missing at the bottom :(