on 18 November 2017
I can see that this book has some negative reviews here on Amazon.
Yet, having worked and studied with this book I like the approach that the author's took into writing it.
Many books in this field fall into that typical `new age` category. This book (and all the tarot books from both author's) are something different. Many years of experience went into it.
Very informative, practical and down-to-earth!
on 23 April 2017
A very thorough explanation of the Lenormand and detailed spreads. I'm learning a lot with this book.
on 24 May 2013
I purchased "Learning Lenormand" via Kindle and it is a pleasure to read on my iPad. I already have a love of Tarot and have been exploring other branches of the cartomancy tree.

The background of Lenormand is thorough and fully inclusive, covering the cards links to Mademoiselle Lenmornad and the evolution of le Petite Lenormand from its roots based on a German card game, as well some of the traditions of cartomancy divination through delightful poems and text excerpts. Compared to Tarot, the history of Lenormand cards is pretty straightforward and modern!

Katz and Goodwin include detailed, step by step guides to explain how to read Lenormand. They give examples of different card meanings and encourage the reader to meditate and explore what the symbols of the cards mean to each individual. The layouts range from 1 card readings, 3-5 card readings and the Grand Tableau- the guides to these are so well written that it feels like the authors are in the room with you explaining a layout over your shoulder.

The differences between Tarot and Lenormand are clearly (and lovingly!) explained which helped me to understand Lenormand in its own unique form of cartomancy.

This may not be an "easy read" for those looking for a pick-up-and-go style of divination book, but this is definitely for those who have a thirst of knowledge. "Learning Lenormand" is suitable for complete cartomancy beginners and for experienced Tarot readers.

"Learning Lenormand" is a wonderfully written, in-depth and helpful companion for this fascinating and elusive fortune-telling branch of the divination tree. Thank you Marcus and Tali for a truly treasurable resource!
on 15 May 2013
This is a truly excellent book on the Lenormand cards. It is written is a user-friendly style, so interest never flags but its in-depth information on the history and how to work with Lenormand is just great! It is such a useful mine of information which reflects the huge amount of time the authors have obviously spent on researching primary material and resources so that as they say, it is both traditional but has great relevance for modern life. It is especially welcome as there are hardly any books out there on the subject as yet. I am sure you will love this book just as much as I did - don't miss it, the authors have created a gem I or should I say, a star !
on 22 June 2015
Abysmal is the first word that comes to mind.
I bought this book (based on other reviews here) as a birthday gift for my niece along with a Lenormand deck. How I wish I had researched more carefully (it is too late to return the item).
It, in my opinion, will serve to confuse rather than aid the would-be card reader as the meanings are, in my opinion, vague, short and certainly, in many cases, not what I learned via a German expert.
There is a good section on the history of Lenormand at the start of the book. If you are interested in the history of these cards then you may enjoy this book. If you want to learn to read the cards there are far better options available.
on 19 October 2013
A very comprehensive and authoritative book on a previously obscure subject that has now become very popular. Thoroughly recommended for all students of Lenormand.
on 25 December 2014
I wouldn't recommend this book for beginners try some YouTube videos our Britta Kienle, I was disappointed in this book, I enjoyed the history section about Mlle Lenormond but that was it.
on 22 August 2016
Awful book and vague. Much better out there to buy. Try Rana George's book instead of someone who's trying to jump on the bandwagon! Total rubbish!
on 18 September 2014
Found this book hard going. Not user friendly. Luckily I only paid a minimal fee plus postage and since purchasing I have found two really great books relating to modern situations with guidance on timings which are very user friendly. However it does have to be remembered that not all books will apply to all people from a learning point of view.
on 15 May 2013
This amazing book offers guidance, direction and clarity as well as clear information. It is a huge achievement in it's field and sets a high standard of excellence. See how many Lenomrand cards you can spot in that write up !!!