Customer reviews

on 14 January 2014
4.5 Stars as Amazon won't let me give half a star.

I bought this deck after reading a review on the Aeclectic Tarot website and I'm glad I did.

The deck is for those who follow the Wiccan path, as I do, and it REALLY speaks to me and was very easy to read straight out of the box. Saying that anyone who is unfamiliar with the imagery and Wiccan traditions may struggle to interpret the cards, they don't follow the traditional Rider-Waite decks at all. A beginner and someone who has used the RW deck would also struggle with it I think.

The cards are solid and not flimsy at all, they shuffle very well and feel nice in the hand and the printing is good.

Wands, Cups, Pentacles and Swords are replaced with Earth, Air, Fire and Water. There are no Kings, Queens and Pages as such and have been changed to Maiden, Mother and Crone, the Page is an elemental energy (as teenagers seem to be.) It all fits together beautifully.

The Majors are very striking and beautiful, I was particularly struck by 'The God' (The Emperor) it seems fitting to me that the Lord should be represented as the Emperor while the Empress is The Lady. The cards aren't traditionally named, Death for instance is Yule, Judgement is Initiation, The Hermit is 'the path' and The Tower is renamed 'omens.' The names all make perfect sense in my opinion.

The only think I was disappointed with was The Magician card, it's my birthcard, I have swopped it for another card from another deck.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse