Customer reviews

on 11 March 2013
I like to shop around for reproductions of antique decks of cards from around the world. I was definitely not disappointed with this one from Lo Scarabeo. The Minchiate deck as it is called, is a tarot deck that could be used for divination. However this is not your standard Rider-Waite tarot deck, even though it has many trumps in common with the aforementioned set. For instance you have representations of all 12 zodiac signs, 4 element cards and 4 virtues. The minor arcana are drawn in simple wands or batons, coins, cups and swords. The set comes in a special illustrated cardboard box with a magnetic strip that keeps the box closed. You also get a small soft-cover book inside with information regarding the origin of the original deck, as well as a possible divination method that could be used with this deck.
6 people found this helpful
on 29 May 2015
I like the quality and the design. In my opinion it is good value for money. I feel that I can relate to it more than some other decks.
on 11 February 2014
It has the best 17th century illusrations ever . . .I love the animals and all the extra cards x
2 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2014
I'm very pleased, a quick delivery and just what I wanted. Thank you
on 3 October 2014
I love Italian decks or ones with ancient art on them and this does not disappoint at all. Totally stunning from card to card. However a word of caution to those of you who may be just starting out. I have been reading cards for over 25 years so, it didnt take long to adapt to these, But if you are wanting to learn and start reading I wouldn't recommend this deck for you yet. It has 97 cards, which may confuse the beginner, and the artwork on the some of the cards is not truly traditional to the tarot that we all know. The renaming of the Migicain, Emperor, Hireophant, Empress, Tower and Judgement may confuse you a little when you start using other tarot more traditional decks. The High Priestess is also omitted which knocks some of the card's usually card numerical values down by one. However, if you are totally new to tarot and think that this will be the deck you stick to, them it is worth getting to know it, but you will have to invest in a separate, more detailed book to help you understand what the traditional cards mean. Unfortunately, the new additional cards arent explained very well either in the booklet provided, so you really do need to have good intuition and make your own interpretations, as any true tarot reader should do anyway.
on 21 May 2014
Nice looking and stylish deck which I have had for over a year. They are purposely made to look old. There are some large pictures of the art work in the book and yes you have almost 100 cards, though they are as small as deck cards.

sample reading 2 cards

3 of cups

A gratifying situation

This suggests I am doing well as I have been facing my inner conflicts for 3 weeks. The lion in the card is like a coat of arms.

VI Temperance

Talent for mediating, for reaching compromises, or for adapting to situations.

A woman pours something from one cup to another cup with a breast showing. The 2 cups in the card suggest that this card is in fact a more epic 2 of cups. Which suggests inner harmony within cold reality, it hints at me that all is well but prepare for over-time a bit more.

It does not read into the future but offers a kind of older sister guidance. I never use reversals though....
One person found this helpful