Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 September 2011
I think this is one of the best books on Druidry in the last couple of years. It will appeal to experienced Druids in search of new perspectives, as well as those entering the groves. The style is sensitive and free from ego or self promotion and you soon place your trust in Penny as an honest broker. Sections on the role model characteristics of a Druid and some other ideas are not commonly found in other books on the subject. The book has a nice straightforward style and is a welcome alternative to say Emma Restall Orr. Not that that's bad. Refreshing, and for me, along with Greywind, one of the most interesting and inspiring books, especially for experienced 'practitioners' who need the odd jolt back into position.
on 4 October 2013
The style and format of this book is just brilliant as it gives information and practical actions and ideas to try out in a relaxed and enabling way. As a reader new to all this I was hooked from the first page and couldn't wait to read more and have a go myself. The text is written in an open and encouraging style and, to my inexperienced mind, seems to encapsulate the very essence of Druidry.
I can wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning about Druidry - and can honestly say it has fundamentally changed my understanding of what it means to be a Druid, and a lot more!
on 30 July 2012
At last a book about Druidry that breaks free from the normal "Druid book format". Very refreshing angle on both the way it is written and the exercises that are presented. Highly recommended for someone starting out on the path or more importantly, Druids and other Pagans who have become stuck in their ways !!
on 22 July 2012
Am only a couple of chapters in, but am very impressed. The writing style is inclusive, welcoming and intelligent. It has relevant tips on incorporating your journey into everyday life. It does not pressure you into doing things, but like the journey it is encouraging you to follow, it allows you to pace yourself and pick the book up as and when you want to.

The language is easy to follow and the explanations are detailed enough that you can follow them, yet not too simplistic.

Am thoroughly enjoying this book.
on 23 March 2016
am really enjoying this book, and have bought both the book and the kindle version, for more serious study (i can highlight bits in the hard copy and get a better general overview, whereas the kindle i like for night-time reading.). i've already recommended this book to a friend, and am really glad i found it...
on 14 February 2012
For those of us who are beginning our journey or are interested in Druidry, this book is informative and gives good guidance in general. Only issue I have; there is not enough about opposisiton from family. Worth the price and the read.
on 9 December 2013
Penny has written an excellent book for anyone who would like to know more about the pathway to Druid spirituality and how you can apply this in your everyday life.
It is also an invaluable and inspiring read for those engaged in studying this pathway with OBOD, BDO or any of the other fine Druid groups in the UK and worldwide.
on 6 April 2016
It's an amazing book - I haven't finished reading it yet as the words are so profound I find myself having to reflect on them. It is a book which will change my way of being.
on 13 November 2013
This book was just what I have been searching for, it has helped me find myself again, believe in myself and appreciate the life I have.
on 7 September 2013
I've read three books on druidry now and this is the best. It is very informative and firmly based in present practice. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking to explore druidry; either as an interested outsider, an absolute beginner or someone looking to gather more facts before committing themselves to a new religion.