on 8 December 2013
Great book, very easy to follow with lots of interesting information. Can't wait to start it 2014! New year new beginning
on 10 February 2014
I chose 5 stars for this rating as it is MUCH more than I expected.

I like that it doesn't spend over half the book explaining ceremonial magic. Don't get me wrong it's great if you're just looking into witchcraft, paganism, spirituality but you can find such things on the internet, the library and over 90% of other "spell books".
See, you would probably class me as a Hearth or Cottage witch, so I was very happy to see that each spell, meditation and focus for each day was more or less a guideline which allowed me to take the inspiration and use it in my own style. However, if you are a beginner you can just follow what it says and it would be just fine! EG, if there is a chant you can just say the chant with intent, or you can go into a meditative state and sing the chant, or you could cast a circle and ritualise the chant, use candle magic, call the divinity .. or however you choose to add focus to your intent.
Each day has a colour and a smell/incense suggestion which is also another great way to add spirituality to your day and anyone can do it from the advanced, beginner to the busy office workers or even single mothers. The simplicity makes it very inclusive!
Then it shows you, on each day, where the moon is in it's phases (new, waxing, full etc) and what house it is residing in (Capricorn, Aquarius etc), in the back there is a small appendix explaining what each zodiac house can add to your spells and how the moon's phases can add it's own energy (e.g. waxing moon in cancer for help in domestic chores..) so if you want to create your own spells there is that help there too!
The only downside to this book is that is in Eastern American Time and I live in GMT so a little math is required to double check where the moon is and when it's changing houses. However I could just search this online if I really can't work it out.
I really love this book and I can see me using the historical references and other spells in many years to come. Completely worth the money!
on 30 December 2013
I bought myself this as a gift last year and really enjoy reading through everything that is in it. My kind of gift.
on 20 May 2014
Really lovely book that is full of simple spells and rituals. Ideal for both someone starting out and someone who has been practising for some time.
on 13 December 2013
the second year i have bought it for my partner she uses it all the time and it arrived in good condition and promptly
on 27 January 2014
I had to rewrite this review after now being halfway through the book.
Spell a day? I don't think so! Barely a spell a week!
Good for snippets of information, if nothing else.
If you can pick this up for a couple of pounds then that's probably all it's worth.
There are bound to be better Almanacs available.
on 2 May 2014
super price, it is really interesting and a good read. Also interesting for anyone who likes reading up on witchcraft
on 27 March 2014
I'm loving this book and its made everything so simple to follow, it's a pleasure to have this book, BB
on 16 January 2014
This was bought for my husband and he loves it. I buy this for him every year. He is a wiccan.
on 17 January 2014
It is very American I would have liked a more English version but very nice read for light entertainment :-)