Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now

Format: Cards|Change

on 11 September 2009
This amazing rectified deck is breathtaking, the imagery will light up your mind and connect to your inner being. It's as if the cards talk to you through another dimension. I am not usually a fan of digital art but the imagery is so fluid it's like seeing the format of your dreams on paper. I say paper, because the deck has been really, really let down by the paper quality. The standard sized cards are thin, practically matt and very flimsy, it's such a let down and really doesn't do the artist, or the imagery, justice. I don't think that these cards would stand passing of time but the artwork is timeless.

This deck is based on the Rider-Waite deck and portrays all the elements of the Rider-Waite but in a much more poignant and identifiable way. It's easy to understand making it suitable for a beginner and yet full enough to offer the professional reader more room for insight. It also offers the professional reader the opportunity to display a mysterious, poignant and friendly deck when reading for their clients.

The accompanying book contains detailed card descriptions by tarot experts: Ciro Marchetti (the designer), Ruth Ann and Wald Amberstone, James Ricklef and Lisa ReFalo, who all offer their individual insights and meanings for each card.

I have since also bought the special edition cards which are much bigger (14cm x 8.3cm) and thicker and would also make an excellent choice for the professional reader.
review image review image review image review image
on 15 September 2009
I love the artwork of these cards, even more exciting and vibrant as the Gilded Tarot by the same artist. But the quality of the card stock is terrible. Very disappointed with the quality.
on 9 October 2009
I first saw this deck on a tarot site and was instantly impressed.
I then went to the author's site and viewed the full deck, and was blown away by the detailed images that each came to life and told their own story and the profound connection they each provoked in me.

Although the author's first set, the gilded tarot stood out in a positive light from other decks, I was not too drawn to them, but the tarot of dreams looked good but sadly, I found to be out of print.

So when I found that the Divine tarot was due out, I was eagerly awaiting the release date, unfortuately the publishing date kept being set back in England, so I decided to order my pack from abroad, (the U.S. amazon site instead of the U.K.)
I'd read on previous reviews that the deck was flimsy which is the first thing I noticed about the cards when I received them, but I feel that if they're handled with respect and care,they should last a considerable time.

Although I was quite disappointed with the card quality, i'm delighted to say that I feel that I have more than got my money's worth as the accompanying guidebook is well-written,and I find James Ricklef's interpretations along with Ciro's to be very insightful although i'm a little confused about the story in chapter six - The Villa. I am wondering if Ciro actually experienced this, and if so, I would be interested to read more about it.

A beautiful organdy bag is also included which adds another nice touch to this set.
Although I keep my other tarot set in a silk bag, I am more than comfortable storing this set in the accompanied bag in the picturesque box it came in.

All in all, an excellent buy which I am more than pleased with!
I bought my first tarot deck many years ago, the universal tarot to be precise, and struggled to connect with them. A few years ago i stumbled upon the gilded tarot by Ciro MarchettiThe Gilded Tarot (Boxset includes 78 card Tarot deck and Bag) and almost immediately the fascinating images meant something to me. I learnt the tarot thoroughly using these and recently (having embarked upon tarot reading professionally) I decided to treat myself to the Legacy of the Divine Tarot by Marchetti. What can I say? Absolutely superb! A real delight to read with. Again, the images are deep and meaningful, beautiful to look at and easy to connect to with your intuition working to translate them for yourself.

The accompanying book is extensive but i feel for a beginner may present a struggle. Beginners tend to like 'keywords' to be associated with the cards and a thorough explanation (as in the 78 Degrees of Widsom Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom) is better as you become more proficient and comfortable with the cards. The book is presented in a story format, which in itself is a delight to read, but I personally did not use the individual card analysis as I found it unhelpful.

So all in all, perhaps not a deck for the beginner (the Gilded Tarot is a beautiful deck for beginners) but certainly one of the most beautiful decks I have seen and i have checked out a few using the aecletic website.

I do not feel that the cards are flimsy at all. Their weight and stiffness is just about right. I personally do not like thick, stiff, unyielding cards but certainly would not have called these 'flimsy'.
on 20 April 2011
I enjoy pictures, intensity of colours, the deck is very intuitive and good for beginners. The enclosed book is very helpful and interesting. The only thing is that cards are printed on very thin paper so they are poor quality and it can not serve for a long time. Anyway it is worth buying and I am sure I will buy the Divine Tarot deck again, but this time I will look for better quality as it is my favorite deck.
on 16 May 2014
The cards are stunning, full stop! The images are very colourful, vibrant and really intense (in a good way) they speak to you, feel great and are very easy to shuffle. The issue is the quality, they are not much thicker than paper and mine after 3 shuffles are already marked around the corner. Dont let this put you off because they are beautiful. Word to amazon though- the box was mangled, ripped and open!!
on 11 July 2013
The pictures on the cards are wonderful. I think the accompanying book is good too. Just disappointed with the quality of the card stock. Unfortunately that really makes a difference to me as they are already showing signs of wear. Corners are whitening from abrasion and I have only had these cards a few weeks. Print them on heavier stock and you will get five stars from me.
on 19 April 2013
I had bought these after seeing them used on YouTube. But I didn't realise these cards are the standard size ones not the really large ones I had seen, which I now know were a different version. I also found that the larger ones are not available currently anyway. The cards are beautiful. Really bold and atmospheric but I am disappointed. Somehow the cards are so rich that this size doesn't do them justice. The pack comes with a book which, although I am sure is fascinating, I did not really need. I don't think there is a cards only version though. Luckily you are checking the reviews first before buying so you will know to check the size before you buy! I didn't.
on 2 April 2014
What a great set of cards!
The images are beautiful, but this edition doesn't do them justice. The cards should a little bit bigger and thicker. They are 11,7 cm high and 7 cm wide. The colours should be more vivid and should have a better finish, like a sheen and they should be better laminated. In this edition the cards look opaque and the colors look dull. They are somewhat thin, like the regular playing cards sold in any store. Llewellyn seriously needs to rethink the quality of their cards. This is not the first deck i own with inferior quality by this publisher.
The Legacy of the Divine Tarot Deck should have been published by US Game Systems Inc because they have better editions. Take a look at the Gilded Reverie Lenormand Deck, also by Ciro Marchetti, published by US Game Systems Inc. They are worlds apart. The quality is amazing and even the box is better.
The Book on this set is week written, but i wish it was only written by one person. There are four interpretations of each card given by four tarot readers. Sometimes, this takes depth from the meaning of the card and sometimes it's downright confusing!
Overall, i still advise it because the imagery is stunning and very intuitive. The depicted scenes really manage to immerse one in the cards and convey the meaning attached to them. If i find a better edition of there cards, i will buy it.
on 17 October 2012
i really love the artwork on the cards and the book that came with them is great also my only faulty is the poor card quality when i take a card in my hand on the first day of opening them they were warped and bent not straight tarot cards should not be like that .even normal playing cards are better quality than this .so what a shame for a fantastic product and all the effort and time that went into making them designing and study only to be let down by a stupid choice of card quality if this was done to save money i fear it will back fire as people will get onto that fact if the choice was a mistake then what a mistake to make really let down .avoid these they are pretty useless