on 11 September 2009
This amazing rectified deck is breathtaking, the imagery will light up your mind and connect to your inner being. It's as if the cards talk to you through another dimension. I am not usually a fan of digital art but the imagery is so fluid it's like seeing the format of your dreams on paper. I say paper, because the deck has been really, really let down by the paper quality. The standard sized cards are thin, practically matt and very flimsy, it's such a let down and really doesn't do the artist, or the imagery, justice. I don't think that these cards would stand passing of time but the artwork is timeless.

This deck is based on the Rider-Waite deck and portrays all the elements of the Rider-Waite but in a much more poignant and identifiable way. It's easy to understand making it suitable for a beginner and yet full enough to offer the professional reader more room for insight. It also offers the professional reader the opportunity to display a mysterious, poignant and friendly deck when reading for their clients.

The accompanying book contains detailed card descriptions by tarot experts: Ciro Marchetti (the designer), Ruth Ann and Wald Amberstone, James Ricklef and Lisa ReFalo, who all offer their individual insights and meanings for each card.

I have since also bought the special edition cards which are much bigger (14cm x 8.3cm) and thicker and would also make an excellent choice for the professional reader.
review image review image review image review image
I bought my first tarot deck many years ago, the universal tarot to be precise, and struggled to connect with them. A few years ago i stumbled upon the gilded tarot by Ciro MarchettiThe Gilded Tarot (Boxset includes 78 card Tarot deck and Bag) and almost immediately the fascinating images meant something to me. I learnt the tarot thoroughly using these and recently (having embarked upon tarot reading professionally) I decided to treat myself to the Legacy of the Divine Tarot by Marchetti. What can I say? Absolutely superb! A real delight to read with. Again, the images are deep and meaningful, beautiful to look at and easy to connect to with your intuition working to translate them for yourself.

The accompanying book is extensive but i feel for a beginner may present a struggle. Beginners tend to like 'keywords' to be associated with the cards and a thorough explanation (as in the 78 Degrees of Widsom Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom) is better as you become more proficient and comfortable with the cards. The book is presented in a story format, which in itself is a delight to read, but I personally did not use the individual card analysis as I found it unhelpful.

So all in all, perhaps not a deck for the beginner (the Gilded Tarot is a beautiful deck for beginners) but certainly one of the most beautiful decks I have seen and i have checked out a few using the aecletic website.

I do not feel that the cards are flimsy at all. Their weight and stiffness is just about right. I personally do not like thick, stiff, unyielding cards but certainly would not have called these 'flimsy'.
on 30 April 2017
Excellent artwork as usual. Ciro Marchetti again proven himself to be one of the best when it comes to Tarot decks. The quality is outstanding and the book is a real gem. Totally worth it every cent.
on 19 April 2013
I had bought these after seeing them used on YouTube. But I didn't realise these cards are the standard size ones not the really large ones I had seen, which I now know were a different version. I also found that the larger ones are not available currently anyway. The cards are beautiful. Really bold and atmospheric but I am disappointed. Somehow the cards are so rich that this size doesn't do them justice. The pack comes with a book which, although I am sure is fascinating, I did not really need. I don't think there is a cards only version though. Luckily you are checking the reviews first before buying so you will know to check the size before you buy! I didn't.
on 17 October 2012
i really love the artwork on the cards and the book that came with them is great also my only faulty is the poor card quality when i take a card in my hand on the first day of opening them they were warped and bent not straight tarot cards should not be like that .even normal playing cards are better quality than this .so what a shame for a fantastic product and all the effort and time that went into making them designing and study only to be let down by a stupid choice of card quality if this was done to save money i fear it will back fire as people will get onto that fact if the choice was a mistake then what a mistake to make really let down .avoid these they are pretty useless
on 11 July 2013
The pictures on the cards are wonderful. I think the accompanying book is good too. Just disappointed with the quality of the card stock. Unfortunately that really makes a difference to me as they are already showing signs of wear. Corners are whitening from abrasion and I have only had these cards a few weeks. Print them on heavier stock and you will get five stars from me.
on 19 February 2011
I have collected many tarot and oracle cards over the years, but sold them all on as I could get nothing from the cards. I've just received my legacy cards and finally I have a set of cards that communicate with me. They have quite an astonishing effect on me in that besides the images on the cards other images also flood my mind and I actually feel excited when I handle them. I haven't really done any readings yet as I feel as if I'm still getting to know them. The artistry is absolutely amazing and I would thoroughly recommend this set
on 23 July 2017
Excellent. Evocative, very good for emotional and love readings.
on 21 June 2017
These are beautiful cards, very vibrant and emit a powerful frequency, wonderful for doing my tarot card readings with.
on 15 September 2009
I love the artwork of these cards, even more exciting and vibrant as the Gilded Tarot by the same artist. But the quality of the card stock is terrible. Very disappointed with the quality.