on 28 June 2016
As I collector and professional reader, I tend to go for Pagan, Witchy, Fairy, earthy Tarot cards.. I can find even the Rider Waite a bit too cut n dry .. not much therapeutic healing going on there… so I surprised myself by clicking 'buy' button on this unfailingly marvellous Tarot deck. I have never been into goth or blood, yet these cards are beautifully mastered, with sensual feeling and evocative direction. They are not
gruesome.. and the accompanying book is probably the best book I have ever read on Tarot (and I have shelves). The depth that the author has gone into, yet with such ease of writing, is nothing short of superb. Truly, I may not use these professionally, (as the delicately despairing, dripping blood maidens may alarm a few people) but they are the most fantastic deck for personal growth, Jungian Shadow work and clarity. Enjoy!
6 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2017
I recently had a reading done with these cards, and although I had never thought I would personally own a 'dark' deck, I unexpectedly found myself drawn to these cards. I decided to purchase them for myself, and after they arrived today, all I can say is WOW! Although the cards are a bit thinner than some of my other decks, the artwork is beautifully rendered, and I hope they will hold up well. They are slightly smaller than my other tarot decks - but due to this, they are easier to shuffle. The best part of this purchase, however, beyond the fact that these cards are surprisingly easy to connect with intuitively, is that the book that accompanies them is AMAZING! Ian Daniels has written one of the most informative and intellectual tarot books I have read to this point - I am certain that I will refer to this book for additional insights even when I am using other decks - his explanations on the links and connections between cards, as well as how to determine your personal cards is fantastic. I am very pleased and look forward to using this deck when I need to find deeper insights and meanings.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 November 2017
This is a beautiful, dark, and gothic tarot, which comes with the most in-depth guide I've ever seen. The art itself is seductive and mysterious -- you'll fall in love with these cards, especially if you're connected to the darker things in life. This Tarot should definitely be a part of your practice! Buy now. You won't regret it.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 January 2011
These vampires are sensual and evocative, but there is something about them that calls out the instinctive and wild human being. The human being that can just 'be' rather than acting according to the rules of civilised society. It feels "naughty" (for want of a better word) because it's makes you feel free and natural. A feeling that might be mocked by other counterparts who are still being everything they "should". These cards are the very nature of fantasy, and there is something in Ian Daniels fantasy art cards that reminds us that underneath all the labels and roles there is a very evocative and instinctive human being and this perspective would indeed make for a very therapeutic Tarot reading. I can understand the previous reviewers experience with these cards.

The cards are standard sized with a vague Rider-Waite chassis. They feel very slightly stiffer and glossier compared to other Llewellyn published decks - like the Shadowscapes and Legacy of the Divine. It comes with a paperback back which having skimmed through is well thought out with background on the Tarot' associations with the Kabalistic Tree of Life, alchemy and astrology. I don't agree with the Authors views on Tarot history and origin, or some of his associations with Esoteric doctrine which I feel was lost under colourful language, but for the most part it is very knowledgeable, lyrical and descriptive and I am impressed by it. I love that the Artist has included the astrological associative symbols discretely into scenery and characters of the cards.

The cards come boxed (as usual for Llewellyn), an awful plain white tuck box which has a tear off flap and does not hold the cards tightly at all.
8 people found this helpful
on 14 September 2017
This deck is absolutely amazing. Love it. Love the pictures on it. Beautiful yet different. Easy to shuffle and its not slippery. So worth the money
on 7 September 2013
I already had quite a few books illustrated by Ian Daniels i love his artwork and this didn't disappoint .The illustrations are beautiful and well presented. Slightly different naming to minor arcana cards but nothing you couldn't get use to at all when in use . only fault i can find is the box for the book and cards is a bit flimsy and came unglued at side but most people may discard or store this flat anyway . The book looks interesting i have only had a flick through it briefly but it appears to contain a good amount of information and that which i have read seems well thought out and researched .
on 29 March 2017
Was ever happiest purchasing a tarot before because I just love everything: the design of the cards and their meanings, kabbalistic approach and alchemic point of view, adding this touch of jungian psychology and it fits perfectly his deeds !!
on 6 February 2017
Very enchanting deck the cards are stunning nice cardstock great companion book lovely to do readings with
on 4 November 2015
Artwork is incredible! The detail on every card is beautiful
The book which is with it is so interesting too. Excellent buy.
on 24 February 2016
Good quality product well illustrated, but they failed to connect with me.