on 9 May 2017
The Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti is my favourite and I bought my first deck of it back in 2006. The graphics on each card really are beautiful and having seen others that are digitally produced, I've found many flat and just lacking something but not these. They're alive and convey so much and even after 11 years they don't disappoint.

Size-wise they are not the large cards so easier to hold and shuffle and the card quality is good - my first set still has no corner separation after a lot of use.

The book that comes with this particular deck by Josephine Ellershaw, offers different interpretations to the book with the original deck when it was launched. I really liked that original book and although small(ish), it helped me develop and tune into the cards so I was expecting Ms Ellershaw's book to be quite similar but it's not! and her interpretions are wonderful, with a lot more to offer and inspire. I really started to expand my own interpretations after working with this book and can only sing its praises for being so helpful and insightful.

In 2006 I was a complete novice to the tarot and this deck was my first learning tool so for beginners I can highly recommend it and for experienced tarot readers I would recommend too because there is always something new to learn and this deck keeps giving, guiding and inspiring.

This is a lovely marriage of cards and book through someone who has obviously taken the time to work with each card and whose written guidance feels true.
on 27 March 2017
The cards are thin and matte, not glossy or with gilded edges like I saw on some youtube presentations, I used them a few times and the backs already became scratched as the poor quality paper is falling apart.
on 17 November 2012
I have always been interested in learning to read the tarot. When I saw the gilded tarot cards I was immediately drawn to them, they are so beautiful. In the accompanying book, Josie Ellershaw is direct and easy to understand, she is obviously an experienced reader and her system of learning inspires confidence, I look forward to the time when readings become meaningful for me. Just dabbling (Josie advises against this until you have studied the cards) my very first reading was so accurate and relevant that I was stunned and I am looking forward to learning more. I would highly recommend this product to you, it's perfect for beginners.
on 14 February 2015
I would highly recommend this tarot set, I've been working with it since January and can't believe how much I remember! The book is really well written and easy to follow, completing the diary has helped so much, couldn't praise more highly, thank you Josephine :-)
on 5 October 2011
For anyone who is looking to learn tarot but doesn't know where to start this product is perfect! The book is so helpful for newbies like myself and is full of useful information as well as the cards meanings! A MUST HAVE for newbie tarot readers :)
on 6 March 2017
This is the most beautiful cards I have ever seen.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 1 April 2016
Easy to follow, great for beginners.
on 27 October 2012
Even though the reviews were really good I honestly thought I'd find myself slightly disappointed. I always buy tarot decks thinking I'm going to have an amazing connection with them only to realise later that they provoke no real feeling at all. For this reason I had abandoned tarot in favour of oracle cards.

Recently I felt inspired to go back to tarot and this was my first purchase since then. As soon as I opened the cards and starting reading the book I actually felt excited. The author describes each card so wonderfully you can't help but retain the information.

Also, for someone who has read cards and given psychic readings for a while the book gives you almost a whole different way of viewing things. I can't recommend this set highly enough. If you are a beginner and this is the only deck and book you buy then it will be money well spent!
on 17 May 2009
I have been teaching traditional Tarot reading for many years and have 'many' different sets of cards.
When a friend introduced me to this set I fell in love with the beautiful illustrations immediately and as it is so important to become good friends with your cards this set makes that easy to do.
The book is simple and straight forward and I would highly recommend it to those wishing to learn this skill.
I will highly recommend this item to my own students in future.
on 29 June 2012
In case of Tarot, I'm a complete beginner. I knew of course that "Tarot" card existed, but nothing more than that - and it took me a while to figure out the best way to start "playing" with those cards (too many books, too many reviews to go through, too many options - wasn't exactly sure where to start). Finally, after a long search I've decided to buy this particular "set", and I have to say that I don't regret it.

The package (a small box) contains the whole set of Tarot cards, a small book about Tarot and something that looks like a poster of "The Celtic Cross" spread (not really necessary, but still a nice "touch").

Cards:
Good quality, very beautiful drawings, much larger than standard playing card - size: 12cm by 7cm (4.7" by 2.5"). Bear in mind that they are different than classic Arthur Waite cards (but then again, those are good enough to use for the beginners) and as the author is saying in the book: "those already familiar with the Rider-Waite deck, should feel quite comfortable in using the Gilded Tarot" (by all means, it is not a negative point for me - but you could have a different preference here).

Book:
Truly great material there, containing probably everything that you need to know - as a beginner - about Tarot: how it works, a lot of information about cards and their meanings (minor & major arcana description), various connections between them, how to read them, most common spreads (such as The Cross of Truth, The Nine Card Spread, The Celtic Cross, The Life Spread and the Anchor), and major and minor arcana "cheat sheets" (very useful for the beginners). In overall: a good reading material, easy to understand and follow, about 220 pages and 6 parts in total, and a little bit of drawings here and there.

If you are completely new to Tarot, I would suggest buying this set and the accompanying book. It's a perfect combo to get you started with simple readings. I've been going through the examples for quite a while now, and have to say that everything is very easy explained and easy to do. The only thing I slightly miss from the book, is a little bit more examples of various spreads -> but this is not a negative point for me as the book (in overall) is very good (and many more examples can be found on the internet).

I think my next set will be a set of classic Arthur Waite cards - as everybody should have one of those in their collection - but this one is a perfect starting point for anybody interested in Tarot.

Other recommended books:
- "Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Questions" - by T. J MacGregor
review image review image review image