on 9 May 2017
The Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti is my favourite and I bought my first deck of it back in 2006. The graphics on each card really are beautiful and having seen others that are digitally produced, I've found many flat and just lacking something but not these. They're alive and convey so much and even after 11 years they don't disappoint.

Size-wise they are not the large cards so easier to hold and shuffle and the card quality is good - my first set still has no corner separation after a lot of use.

The book that comes with this particular deck by Josephine Ellershaw, offers different interpretations to the book with the original deck when it was launched. I really liked that original book and although small(ish), it helped me develop and tune into the cards so I was expecting Ms Ellershaw's book to be quite similar but it's not! and her interpretions are wonderful, with a lot more to offer and inspire. I really started to expand my own interpretations after working with this book and can only sing its praises for being so helpful and insightful.

In 2006 I was a complete novice to the tarot and this deck was my first learning tool so for beginners I can highly recommend it and for experienced tarot readers I would recommend too because there is always something new to learn and this deck keeps giving, guiding and inspiring.

This is a lovely marriage of cards and book through someone who has obviously taken the time to work with each card and whose written guidance feels true.
on 27 March 2017
The cards are thin and matte, not glossy or with gilded edges like I saw on some youtube presentations, I used them a few times and the backs already became scratched as the poor quality paper is falling apart.
on 17 November 2012
I have always been interested in learning to read the tarot. When I saw the gilded tarot cards I was immediately drawn to them, they are so beautiful. In the accompanying book, Josie Ellershaw is direct and easy to understand, she is obviously an experienced reader and her system of learning inspires confidence, I look forward to the time when readings become meaningful for me. Just dabbling (Josie advises against this until you have studied the cards) my very first reading was so accurate and relevant that I was stunned and I am looking forward to learning more. I would highly recommend this product to you, it's perfect for beginners.
on 25 June 2017
J Ellenshaw is simplistic in her explanation, help me understand the respect of the cards and symbols. Loved the back stories like shuffling with left instead of right. Truly a thoughtful explanation which brings these beautiful cards alive :)
on 22 February 2017
Lovely set of cards.Happy customer.
on 5 October 2011
For anyone who is looking to learn tarot but doesn't know where to start this product is perfect! The book is so helpful for newbies like myself and is full of useful information as well as the cards meanings! A MUST HAVE for newbie tarot readers :)
on 3 July 2017
Love this deck. Really easy to work with
on 6 March 2017
This is the most beautiful cards I have ever seen.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 1 April 2016
Easy to follow, great for beginners.
on 30 January 2016
Fantastic easy to read cards. Bought for a gift