on 16 August 2017
I liked this book,it offers simple exercises to look into past lives,including keeping a journal,lots of meditations,using crystals and oils,dowsing to find locations and answer questions.It also explains the theory behind past lives,reincarnation and karma.
on 30 June 2016
good read
on 9 February 2010
It is informative and includes many practical methods to look into one's past lives. This is way too cool to be true, but it really worked for me!!!
on 21 July 1999
Ted Andrews has done it with this book! I have always been curious about past life regression..as Im sure so many of us are. He answers tons of questions and gives you really great exercises to get you digging deep into the world known as your past life!
on 11 August 1997
I have to admit, when I first got this book, I was a little skeptical. By the time I finished, I was in total amazement. This book provides many different meditaions, a few forms of divination , an informative outlook on reincarnation, as well as many other things. My personal experiences with his meditations have been astounding. Not only were they relaxing, but they revelaed things that I never would have thought possible. The dreams I had afterwords were incredible as well! This is really a great book.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2013
Another hit from Ted Andrews. His writing is easy to follow and extremely informative. The Ted Andrews books are some of the best around - and I now have quite a few!
on 23 April 1999
I have always belived in reincarnation, as I have two past lives, my last being the most disturbing.
Is there somewhere which does regression? I am looking for someone who goes through the aura, not just hypnopherapy.
Thank you.
on 15 May 2013
I was looking forward to reading this book but was very disappointed. It was, quite honestly, crammed with unsubstantiated theory. Some of it was nothing more than mumbo jumbo! What sticks in my mind particularly was the explanation that a pregnant women experienced morning sickness early in pregnancy and bloom in later pregnancy due to the presence of angelic beings watching over the fetus - any woman knows that this is all down to hormones - pure and simple, and backed by reams of scientific evidence. The relaxation techniques are perhaps the only decent part of this book.
on 7 November 1998
It was wonderful being guided through the author's meditations and easy reading. Reminds me of Karma and Your Sun Sign by Joan Kilgen. Both these authors care about us on our search to discover who we are.
on 8 July 2013
Well, like the other reviewer was saying, I was a bit sceptical when I've started reading this book. Not that I don't believe in reincarnation but I was unconvinced that it is possible to recall some of them at all. And regarding that part - I'm still a little bit sceptical after finishing it.

Bear in mind that after reading Ian Stevenson books or something like "Lake of memory rising" by William Fix (or even book such as "DMT: The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences" by Rick Strassman) I see reincarnation as something quite obvious that is simply part of some not-fully-explained "soul cycle". And I agree with the author on some points that he is discussing in the book, but not all of them, as some of them are simply "too neat" -> the "human" in me wants to believe in them but the "sceptic" in me, don't. We want to believe in them because they appear and feel "right" to our belief system, but it doesn't mean that they are correct -> and the thing about beliefs is, sometimes, they have nothing to do with the truth/reality.

My slight problem lies with the various "exercises" that he is using to help you to partly "recall" some of your past lives. I consider myself to be an "open minded" person (but it doesn't mean that I have to believe anything that I read without a little bit of questioning or research) but for me they simply didn't work (I know there is quite a few of them in the book). Now, you may say that this was probably my fault, or maybe I didn't something wrong there, or maybe I'm too "sceptic" - which is of course possible - so I really cannot fully "blame" the author for that.

I suspect that at the end, this whole process (reincarnation and karma) is something that is not easy to explain in human terms and there is a lot we simply don't understand (and maybe we don't mean to understand). The author makes it sound easy, as the explanations sounds very good, but is it really like that? The concept of "karma" sounds nice and appealing to my "human" side - but is it really the truth (the "sceptic" side in me is asking that)?

I know that this is an extreme example, but I always remember the case of Iorworth Hoare - when he won £7.2m on the lottery in 2004 after buying a ticket on day release from prison while serving a sentence for rape (I know that at the end he was restricted to only £8,666 a month as part of the conditions of his release but still...). Then the next day you read a story of small child (2-3 years old) dying of cancer -> and you can't help to wonder: is this really how "karma" works? Does it really make sense? We may assume, that maybe it has something to do with a past life - but my point is simple -> at the end, as long as we are alive, we don't really know. We are hoping, believing, assuming, and even presuming or guessing - but we don't fully know -> and "knowing" and "believing" are two different concepts, similar in a way, but not the same. Bear all that in mind while reading this book too.

It may sounds like a negative review, but is not. I enjoyed some of the discussed subject as the author's writing style is simple and straight to the point. Some of the examples stories that he is using to make a point were simply amazing - for example the story of "twin souls" (a great story there). As for the various exercises described in the book: they didn't work for me but they may in fact work for you (all I can say is: try some of them and see what happens). And even though I don't agree with all of ideas - many of them are very plausible and at least some of them will make you think (and make you do a little bit more research in those areas). In overall, quite good book for anybody interested in subject of reincarnation (and past lives).

Other recommended books:
-"Old Souls: Scientific Search for Proof of Past Lives" - Tom Shroder
-"Children Who Remember Previous Lives: A Question of Reincarnation" - by Ian Stevenson
-"Life Before Life: Children's Memories of Previous Lives" - by Ian Stevenson and Jim B. Tucker
-"Lake of memory rising" - by William Fix (slightly different view on the "otherworld" and reincarnation)