Customer reviews

on 6 January 2015
This is a really intelligent approach to finding your personal way into understanding the Tarot. Using a single card Greer offers 21 different excercises to try, from traditional 'standard' meanings to role play and approaches which borrow heavily from contemporary understanding of psychology. It is not a book which gives a list of meanings for each card, rather it is a manual to help you get the best out of the Tarot as a tool for personal spiritual development and also for reading intuitively and sensitively for other people.
on 25 March 2017
Loving it
on 15 November 2017
Very good,Thanks.
on 14 November 2015
Good study of the tarot
on 28 August 2015
good product and service.
on 1 February 2017
Excellent book well pleased with it, thank you
on 21 August 2014
A comprehensive book on using the Tarot as a tool to think through your own problems. I have found that actually seeing the problems that affect my life can be difficult at times; Mary Greer shows you different ways of using the Tarot to gain insights into your own psyche. The suggested methods and exercises were mostly new to me and I have been using the Tarot as a self discovery tool for many years. This is the kind of book that will take you years to assimilate and exhaust, although it is easy to read and well referenced. I have the Kindle version of this book with the limitation that brings with it, but the exercise templates are easy enough to reproduce even without the ability to copy them directly from the book.
on 19 September 2015
Thank you so much for such a beautiful book ... wow! How you write is so very clear to understand what is being put across. I can honestly say, that I can resonate with every sentence of information / feelings and emotions that they portray. You are so correct in how you teach this 'art-form'. Simply ... read-what-you-see! Tarot is not reading a book, or reading the cards ... it is, bringing-out, and 'reading' what is in your own mind. Love-it.

Again; thank you.

Please take my feedback seriously. I have written twenty-three of my own therapy books, and these concentrate / specialise in 150 human emotions. So, does your book resonate with me ... oh-yes!

AW CRIBB (Amazon)

Hugs!
review image
on 18 October 2009
I really like this book and I wish that it was the first tarot book that I bought because then I would have saved some money!
- It is written in a very easy to read and entertaining manner. You can just read it, or do the exercises which are graded in order of effort and complexity (so its easy to choose how far you want to go with a particular topic.)
- The book will work with any set of cards - and there is a useful chapter on using different decks in combination, and on drawing your own cards.
- This is not a dictionary type of book that lists what each card means! (although she does devote a chapter on exactly how to use those those types of books for maximum effect). By doing the work you actually learn an approach to interpret any card (and I suspect that with practice you don't even need the cards!)
- Little or no new age mumbo jumbo - its just practical advice with a good psychological basis.
- I was a bit disappointed that there not are lots of different spreads, but I now realise that she gives all the tools to create your own spreads.
on 7 August 2010
this is still on my book case waiting to be read but from my 'dippings' it looks interesting