on 4 May 2017
The Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti is my favourite tarot deck and I bought my first set of it back in 2006. The graphics on each card really are beautiful and having seen others that are digitally produced, I've found many flat and just lacking something but not these. They're alive and convey so much and even after 11 years they don't disappoint. Size-wise they are not the large ones so easier to hold and shuffle and the card quality is good - my first set still has no corner separation after a lot of use. The book that comes with them though small(ish), offers valuable insights into the symbolism contained on each card and also some good interpretations. In 2006 I was a complete novice to the tarot and this deck was my first learning tool so for beginners I can highly recommend it and for experienced tarot readers I would recommend too because there is always something new to learn and this deck keeps giving, guiding and inspiring.
on 14 September 2017
This is a truly beautiful and inspirational deck. Ciro Marchetti's art is immaculate and thought provoking throughout the deck.

The cards themselves are substantial and not flimsy at all. The book (I bought the boxset) is very informative for novice tarot readers and experienced alike. Explaining the artwork is half the battle to using the deck but, as it's based on most beginner's decks - Rider Waite - it's not too difficult to transition from one to the other.

I have a fair few decks, some bought simply for the stunning images on the cards. Not all have worked well for me, sadly, but this one does. A good investment and just for flicking through them, getting to know the cards, is a pleasure in itself.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 November 2015
Disappointing to say the very least!

Unfortunately there was a delivery issue, but Amazon put this matter right immediately and this should be made known.

However, when I received this order I regretted my choice. The pictures don't seem to be printed in focus. The quality is crude. The cards themselves are very flimsy. Where the "gilded" element is, who can say. I hope I can desuade anyone from buying this deck. They are NOT worth the price or indeed the time waiting for them. However thank you Amazon for arranging for the order to be re-delivered. I will use them s a raffle prize!
I am sorry to provide a negative review, but this is the truth
on 22 January 2009
The main reasons I bought these cards is that I quite liked the Artwork of the cards that I had already seen. I dont have any sympathy for buyers in their reviews who state that 'they didnt like the art'. Any genuine tarot reader should research the tarot and its artistic style before buying it ! Personally, I like the images by Ciro Manchetti.

I was concerned that another review said the cards were quite thin. They are quite thin, however this does not seem to impare them in anyway, and if anything makes them easier to shuffle. If the cards are too rigid they are difficult to shuffle. The problem I've had with other decks (especially the Druidcraft tarot) is the cards were too big. The cards with this deck are just the right size for me to comfortable shuffle.

So far, I have found the deck to read very accurately indeed.

I am happy and pleased with this deck all round and recommend to anyone who likes the artistic style of the deck.

The only thing I would say is the accompanying book is disappointing, its is a simple basic tarot book and it doesnt even contain an explanation or meaning of any of the cards reversed. The book could be better.

I found the set came also with a handy little bag for cards, which was a nice touch.
on 23 October 2011
I brought this deck along with another on Friday, and it arrived mid-Saturday. The deck itself is lovely, and comes well presented in a box with a book and a little bag to keep the deck in. Admittedly I was hoping there would be a box with the bag, but for those of you (like me) who like to keep the deck in a box too, unfortunately this deck does not provide that. However, back to the deck itself: the art on the deck is intricate and lovely, with each set (wands, swords, cups, pentacles, etc) being symbolised with a jewel on the very top of the card. I shan't go into too much information, as others here have described this deck much better!

The feel of the cards is nice - although the only slight criticism is they do feel a little cheap compared to other decks I have, but this is more to do with the actual material they are made out of, rather than the deck's artwork or the deck's layout. The book adds helpful information with spread ideas and pointers. The deck itself contains two cards which hold a "quick" spread - daily spread, and a more complex spread, the celtic cross spread. This is a lovely idea for those who are new to the craft and do not want to carry a heavy book around every time they use their deck.

All in all very pleased with this, I just wish there had been a box to keep the cards in as well as the bag, and the cards were a little weightier in their feeling. Would've had a five star rating otherwise :) Delivery was prompt and fast.
on 27 December 2012
Im very interested in astrology etc and Tarot is now the next subject I plan to study and learn in how to read the cards.

Being naturally outgoing and extrovert I wanted to buy a deck of cards that were both easy to use and that I could relate to and equally important, that were colourful and a true expression of my personality, and the Golded Tarot seemed to fit the bill.

I have yet to pick up the book seriously (its Xmas), although I have started to outline the meanings of the cards... but so far Im impressed. Plus a friend who is already on a Tarot course was real envious of the cards and said that she thought that they were wow too. So two people well impressed!
on 17 June 2013
I've had this deck for some time now and have used it a lot. The images are very artistic and the deck comes with a cheap organza bag which I've since replaced with a velvet one as the seam fell apart. The card stock is also rather thin even by Tarot standards, but these are minor shortcuts to keep the price down. As long as the deck is treated with care and the included bag used only for the short term you can't go far wrong with this deck.
on 6 April 2013
I was expecting more from this deck.
When they arrived the first thing I thought the packaging of the deck was poor quality thin bendy card thats easley damaged The book is nice but not that informative.
The cards themselves images are beautiful with lots of detail and a good size to carry with you but the card stock is poor feels very thin unlike a lot of my outher decks.
This is no reflection on the artist but I think he should take this up with the publisher as there not doing the deck the justice it deserves .
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 June 2010
I got my deck today, i've just spent nearly 4 hours pouring over them. The imagery in the cards is beautifully created, combining the Waite with more modern images of clockwork machinery. I've fallen in love with them completely, the only problem I face is that they're a little to big for my hands when I shuffle them.
The accompanying book is also very good, it has several exercises to familiarize beginners with the deck, a few spreads in the back and also explanations about significators and a section about reversals.
I'd recommend this deck to anyone
on 6 July 2011
I have used these wonderful cards for many years and the graphics are delightful.

They give good acurate readings and my customers always comment upon how beautiful they are to look at.

I recently purchased a second deck as my original cards are a bit the worse for wear now as I am a professional reader and very busy.

I would recommend this deck to anyone who is thinking of buying a tarot deck as they are user friendly and gorgeous to look upon in any reading spread.