Customer reviews

on 25 December 2016
Beautiful set of cards. Haven't tried using them yet but after watching and online review of them (just search in youtube) I knew I'd like to try them. I have an angelic white cat myself which is why I think they are so cute. There is no guarantee I'll bond with this deck, there never is, but that's okay, if I don't I'll just keep searching. So if your draw to these, at least try.

The box is arguably naff, I will at some point accidently rip it because its not to my taste. Then I'll just bag them in some fairy-like and draw-stringed.
This is a must for cat lovers or even beginners to tarot (esp if they love cats). This tarot deck remains quite faithful to the Rider-Waite tradition but obviously all the people have been replaced by white cats except for the Fool is actually a dog.

The designers of this tarot chose cats as their centrepiece as they wanted to infuse the deck with the mystery and attraction that mankind has always had for felines and they have certainly achieved that with this deck. The choice of white for the cats signifies spiritual purity or spiritual rebirth.

The illustrations are stunning, the cats themselves are not cartoon like or disney-fied they are actually extremely well drawn and their faces and eyes are incredibly expressive; so much so, they seem to change their expressions depending on the meaning and position of the card. The drawings are clear, vibrant (but not gaudy) and as they are based on the Rider Waite, nearly all of the familiar symbolism is retained in these cards.

There are some deviations to look out for - the Strength card depicts a pink-robed white cat standing inside a giant lion's mouth, prising it open; the Judgement card pictures a cat angel at the bottom of the card blowing a trumpet while some cat spirits fly up into the sky; The Empress has kittens playnig at her feet, the Wheel of Fortune shows a cat turning a wheel with mice on it; the Sun has a cat on a childs rocking horse. Death shows the back of a black robed figure and all we see of him/her is a skeletal paw (and tail!); the Fool is a dog as mentioned before and the 10 of Swords depicts 10 swords sticking into a white blanket while in the background a white cat is making a hasty departure.

The cards feel lovely, smooth, vibrant and full of life, I was able to connect with this deck immediately which is a first. The reverse of the cards shows cats sitting in chalices and is really stunning.

I only really bought the deck because I love cats and all things feline but I was very pleasantly surprised when I investigated this deck further. It really has been done in such a way that you can produce decent and indepth readings either for yourself, family or perhaps to clients who are nervous or unsure of the tarot. If you are beginner, there is enough Rider-Waite influence/ relevant and easy to interpret imagery in this deck to be able to get going.

The Little White Booklet that comes with it describes the designer's reasons for choosing the white cats and gives some (but not very good) meanings for the cards. You won't need the booklet, you will see the cards and intuit the correct meanings for yourselves. The booklet will tell you how to do the 'cats eye' spread which is actually quite good.

Overall, a beautiful deck, capable of giving decent readings, stunning artwork, definitely worth the investment!
on 13 October 2015
This deck arrived in perfect condition and as described by the seller.
It is very similar to the Ryder Waite deck...but featuring white cats.
I found I could read from the deck very easily...the cards are good quality, colourful and perfect for the novice to the experienced reader.
on 14 January 2016
This is a light-hearted and very positive deck, showing humour as well as a deep love of cats. However, there is clearly much thought behind the imagery, so although it has an uplifting quality, it also provides material for contemplation and reflection. It is not a superficial deck.

My personal favourite is Strength, portraying a young female cat, standing in the jaws of a lion and prising them open. It is a striking image.

I would thoroughly recommend this deck, especially for cat lovers.
on 26 December 2014
Bought this as Xmas present for my BFF. It is beautiful cards. The illustration is beautiful and the cats were cute. The quality of the cards is good quality. The size of the card felt really good in our hands too. Definitely recommend this for anyone who likes cats and tarot cards.
on 27 April 2017
Exactly what i was looking for!
on 7 May 2008
The cards could have been a bit firmer for my taste, but all things considering, it's a very nice deck. Good for beginners and doing reading for people (or cats) who are not so familiar with the tarot and could easily be scared if you used a "proper" deck. Lighthearted, but still true to the original Rider-Waite.