Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 23 April 2003
Tarot & Magic gives you the tools to use the tarot deck as a tool and focus i magic, rather than only for divination. The areas of magic covered are regular spellwork, astral projection with the Tarot as roadmap and personal transformation techniques.
I have great respect for mr. Kraig as i have read his great book Modern Magick, and used much of his highly workable system outlined in that title. However it is because I have some previous experince that the metods in Tarot & Magic are powerful for me. The book is supposed to be workable for the complete newbie, too, but since the explanations of Kabalistic concepts that form a basis for many of the methods are quite brief, it would be best for the beginner to read som general information on the subjects of magick and Kabalah.
Now in conclusion, Tarot & Magic is a very good book for anyone who feels that divining with the tarot cards just isn't enough, and who want to deepen the understanding of the energies represented in the 78 images.
I hope you'll enjoy it!
on 21 July 2016
I was a little disappointed by this book. There are some good and interesting ideas in here, but it feels disappointing after reading Modern Magick which went a lot more in depth in a lot of topics. I think the book is written to try and please as many as possible, but the result is that there are parts that I do not find appealing at all (for example the pagan-friendly candle magic tarot spells). There is nothing wrong with being pagan friendly, but I think it is a slight miscalculation from the author's side to think that other than pagans will be interested in that chapter. Also, vice-versa, I do not think pagans will find the sections on ceremonial magick particularly interesting.

Some of the techniques were very interesting, and I would have liked to see them described more in-depth. It is only 173 pages to begin with and with a few chapters where I have little interest there is not all that much left of the book for the parts that do interest me. It is not a bad book, but it could have been so much more.