on 25 July 2015
Still trying to get my head round this book but really good info.
on 15 February 2016
A great book full of very useful information and a book that will be used and read many times..
on 3 January 2016
Love this book....so helpful
on 1 January 2012
This is a brilliant book. It gives you no-nonsense advice. The internet is full of many outlandish and psuedo - scientific claims regarding whats safe and what isan't. This book draws on actual peer reviewed science to back the advice given. Highly recommended if you are thinking about making the switch to a plant based diet.
on 3 August 2013
Absolutely love this book!

It is clear, easy to follow, not very boring (even though it is a book about nutrition). I have gone through half of the book pen and paper in hand and skimmed through the rest and I can honestly say that now I know much much more than I started with and I can see myself referencing the book until I get used to vegan eating and I can see it being useful in the future too.

As a person that is transitioning to the vegan way of eating I have to say it is an eye opener not only on what I need to eat in the future but how nutrient poor my diet so far has been.

I also appreciate the tone of the book. I dislike books that are too preachy about the welfare of animals. I personally want to eat vegan for the health benefits and because the current way that we produce meat is inhumane, not because I think it's horrible to kill animals for food in general so the preachy tone in other books bothers me. This book is moderate on preaching and a very interesting read. Warmly recommend it!
on 2 August 2014
Was ok, I just find a lot of the kindle books very short!
on 14 May 2012
A fabulous resource on veganism. I have been vegan for a month, following over 5 years of being vegetarian, and I found I was becoming overwhelmed by well meaning friends and family who insisted that I suddenly looked ill. I bought this book to check I was eating correctly, and I can confidently say that my diet is even better than when I was vegetarian. My children eat a mainly vegan diet at home so this book has also helped me with catering for their differing dietary requirements. It lives on my bedside table and I dip in and out of it daily, and will continue to do so for a long time to come. An absolute gem.
on 1 July 2013
When I got this book, I had already been vegan for 6 months, The nutritional information in it is very helpful. I found the writing a little slow though - and so am struggling to get through it. Overall though, it's a must for anyone turning vegan!
on 22 November 2012
If you are turning, or thinking of turning vegan this is a great book. No nonsense. Told me what I wanted to know & lives in the kitchen. There may be other, better, books around but this will do me. Contains some pretty cool recipes but there are more extensive vegan cookbooks out there. That's not what this is about though. I felt it told me what I need. How I chuck it together is my business.
on 4 July 2015