on 14 February 2018
I use this book in my counselling work. In today's world of social media, I recognise that it's almost impossible to go 'no contact' with estranged partners, but this book gives some good advice on how you might attempt that.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 September 2017
Very helpful after a long term relationship with someone who just ground me down. I didn't notice at first! this woman knows where I am coming from.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 May 2018
I have just come out of the first month after a breakup. Feeling lost, alone and near breaking point I found this book. It all made total sense and I started the journaling and the realisation of what my past relationship was not. Unhealthy and harmful to me. Now I’m looking forward and with the help of this book I’m starting to see changes in just a week.
on 24 March 2018
Brilliant book filled with advice and exercises to help you move on after a bad breakup. I normally don't use self help books but this was recommended to me and I'm glad I bought it! The practical exercises took me out of my comfort zone (in the best way) and I still refer to the book and YouTube videos by Susan, daily.
on 14 April 2018
Really easy to read, well written, makes complete sense. This book has a whole wealth of information that will help you understand how you feel and be able to work through difficulties in getting through a break up. The book won’t fix you, but it has many tools for you to fix yourself and to ultimately get yourself ready for a new life.
on 10 April 2018
This helped me a lot through the tips and experiences shared by the authors. If you follow what they do then it is guaranteed this will help you
on 6 May 2018
I have been reading this for the past one month. Suffering with rejection and very low self esteem issues.
This book gave me some home work which i thought would never work... But it has.

Yes "time" is the healer but I do feel this book has made recovery from a breakup easier and self discovery being alone and single.

I normal into relationship after relationship but now I'm really going to enjoy myself being selfish and doing things that I never thought I could ever do.
on 22 April 2014
When a relationship or marriage ends it will be painful and can't be avoided however this book does help to make you feel more positive about the future.
6 people found this helpful
on 27 November 2016
This book if really worth reading when you are feeling traumatised by a relationship ending. Susan Elliott really does help you focus on what you need to do next to move on.
on 22 August 2017
Some very sound advice, though I won't follow all of it. It provides a good platform from which to make your own decisions. Case histories help with realising you're not the first person this has happened to.