Customer reviews

on 13 April 2017
I bought this book as a health professional who works with under 5s but found it quite basic, almost more of a parental read which I was disappointed with because of the speciality of the author.
on 21 July 2014
Great book - written from paediatricians - with very useful information in a combination of physical and mental approch about babies early development and handling.
For parents and professionals equally.
on 18 July 2017
Excellent book, every parent should read
on 12 October 2010
Full of sound practical advice, not hooty tooty Do's and Dont's. This book is down to earth and makes for easy reading.
I Bought this book by pure recommendation in 2010 and havent found it to be condesending in any way. I also havent bothered buying any others simply because I have found this book to give me the exact help reassurance and guidance I have been looking for all at different stages of my childs life so far.
You only need to be read a few pages at a time that is relevent to your childs age.
It covers from birth to 3 years with pretty much each month of your childs growth/development etc in the first year.
I got great reassurance on feeding, growth spurts, sleeping and development stages within the 1st year along with insightfull and useful information that i didnt know about or was looking for and has proved useful in spotting behaviours or challenges in my child that I have been able to guide and help her with that I wouldnt have been aware of otherwise. e.g sleep patterns and sudden stages of waking in the night and the challenges of simple decision making and how it can cause frustration and a melt down on what would appear to be a simple choice such as to turn left into one room or right into another.
It also has several other chapters on other aspects of children e.g. speech problems, sleep problems, discipline, behaviour, accepting a new sibling etc.
Overall an easy book to dip in and out off.
on 19 March 2009
When I born my daughet I was a young woman without experience in children. Dr. Brazelton helped me with one of the first edition of this book. 23 years after, I buy the same book, nenewed, for my youngest friend waiting a baby.

Sorry for my bad English
on 3 March 2015
Fantastic book, very gimpjd but clear explanations that made me understand sonmany things about my premature baby. Had I known them before mr better, had the doctors told me when she was at the hospital, I would have done many things in a different way to handle her as she needed.
on 20 November 2010
Fantastic book, and so important in the era of 'ready made' child rising programmes which very often make us forgive that every baby is different. It is refreshing to read a paediatrician who cares about the baby development - not only physical but also emotional.
on 31 January 2013
I have known of this Author for many years and give his books as gifts to young parents who always find the advice sensible and noncontroversial, his advice helps build confidence. To be highly recommended.
on 7 April 2013
Dr Brazelton is such an expert at understanding the growth and development of a child, easy to read and easy to understand, would recommend to anyone interested in the developing child
on 22 October 2016