on 2 June 2017
interesting....
on 2 March 2017
If your mother has died, odds on your head is all over the place. This book was fabulous, it really helped me after the death of my mother...not to get over it (oh dear reader, you never will), but just to realise that grief is a cycle.
on 10 June 2014
Very helpful, you could reference it later also. More useful to those bereaved in childhood though, rather than as adults.
on 28 September 2016
on 11 March 2016
excellent for all those who have lost their mother's at an early age
on 22 December 2014
A wonderfully touching and moving book.
on 7 July 2015
I love this book, it was reassuring and comforting to read other people's experiences and to know others feel the same way.
on 20 March 2017
Book in excellent condition.
on 30 April 2006
This book has been very well researched and written. I would say that it is for any women who has lost a mother btween birth and 30years old. The author has thoroughly researched this subject of lose so much so that to me she seems to cover every possibility of loss of a mother. In the early chapters I was worried that the book would not cover my situation (losing a mother who I had a difficult relationship with and had caused me harm and pain)and felt that what I may read would cause me more harm by rubbing salt in the wounds, as it talked of mother's as loving, providing figures, which my mother wasn't. However as I moved on in the book it covered my circumstances and the additional difficulties and complications in grieving a mother who wasn't as a mother should be.

Many of the feelings and thoughts I have had over the years I have pushed back down feeling that they were twisted or in some way wrong. Reading in this book that many other women have had the same feelings and thoughts has validated mine and helped me to face them head on.

I feel that this book would be an excellent tool to aid women who are trying to address and work through the loss of their mother at a relatively young age. It also covers the relationships we have with our fathers, siblings and step families plus future relationships with partners and the complications which may arise there.

It is a book I am and will continue to use, as I face up to the sad reality of my past.
on 26 January 2015
Wonderful book and a must read for those who have lost their mother's.