on 27 July 2013
Not all our children grow into loyal and loving young people, no matter what or how you have tried to teach them. At times when they cause heartbreak to those who love them, especially the parents, this book is excellent. The prayers inside can be chosen just by scrolling (or turning pages) until you come across a prayer that touches the very place you are at, at the time. Not only will you find yourself praying for your adult child (who you name in your personal prayer) but at times the words are relevant to yourself and other memebers of the family too. An ideal book at times when your own words of prayer won't come
on 4 April 2017
This is a book every woman involved in relationship with man could read to look at things from different point of view.
It is challenging book as from a christian woman you are expected to do your best in many areas, and marriage is just one of them. There are bits I found difficult to agree with but overally I have a good opinion about it. Worthy to read.
on 13 August 2017
Creatively written. Lovely to read if your single or married. Bought as a gift for my single best friend and she was over joyed, this was just the book and seed of hope she wanted. Glad God put it on my heart to give this to her as I originally bought it for myself lol. I went onto order myself another one at a later date.
on 29 January 2013
I first started reading Power of a Praying Parent and I learnt so much, so I decided to order Power of a Praying Wife. And I was not disappointed. This book has been so helpful. Sometimes when we pray for our families we're not sure what to say or what areas to cover. This book has helped me to think of new areas of prayer for my husband and our relationship. I have also bought Power of a Praying Kid for my daughter who is 8 years old. She loves it and it covers all aspects of prayer life that I wish I knew about when i was at school. Would definitely recommend this book.
on 4 April 2018
There are many helpful points from this book and I love the prayers. However some personal opinions are mixed with God’s words. Therefore I do recommend reading the book Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend in addition to help with discerning what is truly healthy and godly.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 July 2017
I would highly recommend this book my friend and I have been using it to pray for our husbands and are seeing subtle changes in our marriages and not just in our husbands but in ourselves too. We've been through the book several times and yet it still amazes me how something different 'pops' out in a prayer.
on 24 June 2016
Excellent guide to praying more specifically and regularly for yourself in this case and for your family through her other books. Good for when you want to pray and don't know what to say. It contains scenarios from her family life or life in general, specific prayers for everyday situations and feelings and relevant Bible verses. A good general prayer guide. I've had the paper copies of her books for many years and have just bought the kindle versions for easier access.
on 16 October 2017
Amazing book written by a woman for a woman. Everything is covered that a wife need to be armed for for a good marriage and a good husband. It covers the wife, the husband and the marriage as a whole.
Nothing is left aside, even the things you may find difficult to talk about/ pray about, Stormie makes it ok. This book is now part of my daily prayers. I'm planning to offer my husband "The Power of a Praying Husband" book. As if he new I was praying like this for him, he would want to do the same for me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 April 2014
I have had this book for a while in a hard copy, but never got into it. My sister recommended it again and so I bought a Kindle copy this time, which makes it easy to read on the go. I love the fact that the chapters are short, there's a prayer at the end and some additional scriptures, to help keep you on track with the prayers later.

It's a really easy read and gives a good framework within which to pray effectively for your husband. I'd recommend it to every wife and wife to be. Never too early or too late to start co-operating with God about your husband.
on 24 April 2014
I don't know about you, but left to my own devices, my prayers for myself can quickly degenerate into a " good morning God, please bless my day today. Thank you". This book has helped me to go back to basics and take the time to pray for myself properly, on a range of issues. Often as women, we use all our energy on other people, leaving nothing for ourselves. This book helps us to get back into balance.

I'd recommend the book to every woman, because we could all do with a little tlc!