on 4 November 2015
Love letter to cinema from the MASTER
on 20 December 2016
would not say it was in good conditon
on 10 August 2005
I bought this book because I edit video using Final Cut Pro, and I was intrigued by the story of Walter Murch and FCP.
I have read a previous book written by Walter Murch and was a bit dissappointed with it, so I wasn't setting my expectations too high.
I read the whole book in about 3 days and found it to be a unique experience - a technically authentic book that was also a real page-turner. You really wanted to know what happened next, and whether everything worked in the end. The level of detail was just right - enough to understand the issues, but not so much that you got bored.
The thing I was most impressed with was the scale of the task undertaken, and it gave me a new respect for those working on large scale movie production.
I recommend this book if you are at all interested in the technical craft of movie editing, and especially if you are a Final Cut Pro user yourself.
Dave
27 people found this helpful
on 3 May 2009
I've seen a couple of interviews with Walter and this guy has been pushing Hollywood forward quicker than any director you can imagine! The magician behind some of the best films ever (and the reason they are great in my opinion) and developed Dolby 5.1.

This is a history of editing/ behind the scenes/ story of Final Cut Pro. If you're an editor, it's well worth reading!