Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 9 July 2015
This book contains a lot of very useful information, and the topics covered are very comprehensive, That is what makes up the 3 stars. If I was reviewing the book on its own it would probably get 4 or 5, but the reason for the lower mark is the practice exam.

I use SQL on a daily basis at work, and upon deciding to take this exam I ordered the book. After a fairly light read through, I decided to take the practice test on the CD to see where i was. All in all I took the practice test 4 times, and never scored below 92%.

So, based on this I booked the exam and went into it thinking I had it in the bag. Oh how wrong I was, the practice exam in on a completely different level to the real exam. My advice to anyone reading this is to buy the book, for sure, but make sure the first thing you do is throw the CD in the bin, and just concentrate on working through the syllabus.
on 9 July 2017
Nice book, very clear, but:
- it often introduces new elements in the example codes before explaining them (that makes me study codes by heart before knowing the meaning). It does so only with example codes in the theory, anyway I try to be a serious learner and go through all of the code and try to learn it
- The codes are a bit 'academic': it seems to me that the code that is performed in a working environment is far longer and complicated. I'd like to see more 'real-life' examples
on 21 August 2017
Good book that helped me study towards the exam, I would suggest alternative materials as well as I found that not everything that was in the exam was in the book.
on 3 April 2017
Promptly despatched, book was purchased for my husband, very informative and useful for his line of work he does.
on 1 September 2017
When trying to read this through kindle app, the format was very poor and there also seem to be a huge number of "ll" missing and replaced with a space, making it difficult to scan
on 25 September 2017
Bought the Kindle edition which is unreadable and a total waste of money - wish I'd read other reviews before getting this. Have now ordered the book - hopefully that will be better
on 24 September 2017
The book is not formatted for Kindle! None of the pictures work, the lines do not fill the page, loads of letters are missing from words. It is bearly readable - don't waste your money.
on 12 September 2017
The book is OK but the CD which cones with it does not work on Windows10. This is a great disadvantage because you cannot access the training material
on 10 June 2013
This book covers all of the topics in detail, and includes a lot of additional background theory. This could be a benefit for those that want this, but many readers will have bought this just to pass the test.

I have just passed the 70-461 exam today and have to say that the practice tests you get with the book are much easier than the real exam. I think this could be misleading for anyone that has not taken a Microsoft certification before.
on 22 April 2017
I find it a bit difficult to read, sometimes the books reiterates what it was mentioned before with additional explanation, sometimes it leaves you with no explanation as to what was done. While I must admit that I am not very experienced with SQL, I am impressed with how many errors this book contains. No doubt that the authors know what they are talking about but there is plenty or room for improvement when it comes to explanation and attention to details. The book emphasizes what needs to be prepared for the exam but the complexity of the examples is reduced and one definitely needs to consult other sources in preparation for the exam.