on 22 October 2011
Good study guide, but a couple of REALLY confusing things. Firstly, book gives a discount on exam voucher, but when you can try to buy it, at right on certiport web site there is a notice: Practice Tests Vouchers (For Use in U.S. Authorized Testing Centers Only!). Although description is: The Microsoft Office Specialist 2007/2010 exam voucher can be redeemed at any Certiport Center (authorized testing center). So... Is this voucher valid in UK or not?? Secondly, with voucher you buy Learning Plan Assessment which lets to see are you ready for the exam or not. But! We buy this book to get ready to pass, for example, Excel Expert exam, but Learning Plan Assessment is only available for MOS 2007! So, should I check am I ready for... MOS 2007 instead 2010? Learning plan is VERY different... It looks outstanding confusing.
44 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2014
Great for preparation for MOS exams, helped me a lot.
MUST have good basic understanding though, if you're new to Excel this is not for you.
on 23 November 2013
If you really want to pass your MOS Expert is a must have! I did all the exercises from here twice before each exam (I had one eaxm at a time... usually once a week) and I passed all of them with no retakes and no extra training from any other company.
I bought this so that I can be certified with MS Office Specialist Master, which requires Word Expert, Excel Expert, PowerPoint AND Outlook or Access or SharePoint. Outlook and PowerPoint information is not included in this book, but is available separately (MOS 2010 Study Guide for Microsoft® Outlook® and MOS 2010 Study Guide for Microsoft® PowerPoint®).

As long as you are proficient in Word and Excel anyway, the information in this book is essential. It takes you through the more esoteric aspects of Word and Excel that you will be tested on (and will hardly ever use after). Even if you are good at Access, this book is still useful for going through the things that you generally don't use (such as query wizards) which are tested.

I wouldn't recommend this book if you are a complete beginner, as it does précis a lot of information and assumes some knowledge of WHY you would wish to do some things. However, if you already have some knowledge, then this book is recommended to explore more capabilities of these programmes, even if you are not doing the exams.
on 30 May 2016
Fell apart as soon as I opened it. Need it for an exam so no time to return. Seems to be badly bound or stored.
on 3 October 2014
very simple, very concise, very adequate content. massive savings on that (now ditched)refresher course.
on 18 October 2015
Passed my MOS Expert with this book, highly recommend.
on 18 January 2015
Good Reference Book !
on 23 April 2012
I found this to be a good study guide and I'm more reading the Word Expert section and found a few helpful tips and solutions from the book while working on the practice tests. Will look at the Excel and Access later on.

Overall I like the book and its helped with the MOS exams and worth a buy.
on 14 March 2013
I bought it for my MOS Excel Expert Exam, and found this is the worst book ever ! It has step by step guide but extremely difficult to follow. I would suggest you read the title, and search google, online examples are far better than this book.