on 25 September 2017
William Stanek writes the best Administrators Guides I have ever seen, been using them since Windows XP! Recommended
on 10 February 2016
Excellent product
on 17 April 2012
I bought this book on kindle for speed of delivery but reference books of this type do not really work in this medium. I found it almost impossible to find what I was looking for and difficult to jump between sections.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 January 2008
Do not buy this book if you want to learn the new stuff that is in windows 2008 because it is not here. This book omits for example: powershell; Terminal Services Gateway and Terminal Services over HTTPS. It is also padded out with tonnes of useless info if you have a history with windows 2003. I will be asking for my money back from Microsoft Press. Very annoying and I feel like I have been ripped off.
6 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 25 October 2011
As an experience administrator this book help me understand all about server 2008 and the difference between the server 2003.
It really good book to carry for admin role. Thank Mr. Stanek for for your book. There are only few confusion in this book but it is very good and I will rate 89% for this good job this author done. It is also good for a beginner to understand. It is practical book for daily admin job.
Fantastic writing, example and scenario. Thank you
on 28 April 2011
This book is excellent as your workday companion for finding solutions to upcoming problems. It helpt a lot when I took my 70-640 exam as well!
One person found this helpful
on 5 October 2013
Not sure about it being pocket size, but the quantity and quality of information is superb. Great series of books to collect and have on your library shelf.
on 27 January 2008
Yet another great release by William Stanek. I work as an Windows consultant and this is the one book I recommend without hesitation to my clients who are deploying Windows Server 2008. The guy really knows the subject and he gets the information across to the reader very well.

I found this book extremely informative, enjoyable to read and easy to follow. This book is a must to any Server Admin looking to start building his/her skills in Windows Server 2008. If you need to get up to speed quickly, this is the one to buy.
One person found this helpful