on 23 May 2007
I bought all four parts of the course in 1987 when I was attending evening classes in Urdu. Using these books at home in between classes I learnt so fast the course teacher wanted me to start teaching another class for her.

That's how good the books are!

To be fair I don't know what else is available these days but I highly recommend the Ralph Russell books as the best introduction to Urdu I've ever come across.
on 1 May 2010
This language course was recommended to me, and my first day with it has already produced results! However, it comes without the audio material that it was designed to be used with, and this is a serious flaw, and one that I would not have expected for the price, which is steep for a course book of this type.