Customer reviews

Untamed
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 January 1998
UNTAMED was the first Elizabeth Lowell book that I read and I found the book simply magical. Dominic's determination to conquer his bride subtly was quixotic. I also admire Meg - her strong character - especially when she was trying to cure Dominic. The Learned could be a fictititious lot but I find them utterly fascinating. I have now in my possession FORBIDDEN and ENCHANTED and I simply love the books. I have read Elizabeth Lowell's contemporary books but I think her medieval series are the best. I really hope that Elizabeth Lowell will tell us the story of Erik and Sven.
on 14 February 2006
'Untamed' was my first Elizabeth Lowell book. The back blurb made me keen to read this novel, but although the story started off well, it failed to hold my interest all the way through.
It's the story of Meg, a daughter of the ancient Glendruids in Northern England, and Dominic le Sabre, the feared Norman lord who inherits Meg and her land through marriage granted by his patron King Henry I.
The hero and heroine are interesting characters and so different in personality (she is a healer, he a scarred warrior) that you want to read on to see how they will eventually get together.
However, the constant references to Meg's supposed love for her bastard brother on which there is no proof apart from a thin rumour, the birds of prey similies, Meg's magnanimous kindness no matter what is said or done, and Dominic's desire for sons and heirs which he is always stressing become an annoying distraction from the actual story.
A promising book which became disappointing near the end.
on 19 May 1999
Elizabeth Lowell's, UNTAMED, is packed with suspense and filled with many romantic love scenes. Although it is set in the medevil times,it doesnt stop Elizabeth Lowell from giving us an emotional thrill of erotic love images for the readers of today. Meg, the bride to be, dislikes her father's idea of setting her up with a marriage proposal with someone she does not love. She finds out that love is a bondage between two people who feels each other's emotional needs. Does her husband to be have that chemistry? You would have to find out for yourself, for this story deals with many climatic scenes where both meg and her husband to be, are finally finding out what true love is and what true love isn't. Untamed overall is a great book to read if you enjoy the suspense of erotic love scenes between two people. Your head will explode and your heart won't stop beating any faster when you read this exciting love story by Elizabeth Lowell.
on 3 June 1998
I loved all three of the books in the triology. I can't decide which one is the best. The characters are intriguing, the plots are captivating, and the romance is unbeatable! These three books are a must read! I only wish there was a fourth book to the series. Dominic, Duncan, and Simon have someone, but what about Erik? A fourth book about Erik would make this the ultimate romance series. A book about Sven would be nice too, but there HAS to be a book for Erik soon.
on 12 January 1999
I actually started the trilogy from the bottem up and was entranced from the first word. I have been searching the bookstore shelves for the next in line ... Erik of course. He is a must for a fourth in this wonderful series. All her heroines have some kind of mysterious power and the men are enticing, erotic and ALL MALE. This trilogy is the absolute best. Please Ms. Garwood carry on the series with Erik and Sven!
on 6 July 1999
Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this book at the end but I thought it was a little slow and boring through the first half. I did not even smile until 3/4 into it. It was enjoyable but not as good as I thought it would be and definitely does not deserve all the perfect praise. I have all 3 books and I hope the next 2 are better.
on 23 March 1998
This is one of the best books that I have ever read. I love Dominic to death. Elizabeth Lowell gives such a great description of her characters that I couldn't help but fall in love. I hope Ms. Lowell will write more about her wonderful characters.
on 23 December 2000
This book like the other two in this trilogy was well written and most enjoyable to read. My only complaint is: what about Eric? Is he going to get his own story? I really hope so as at the momment its like not having been told the whole story.
on 21 April 2001
This book occupies a very special place on my bookshelf reserved for 'keepers.' I fell in love with Dominic the first time I read the book many years ago. He is a strong-willed, courageous man with immense depth and sensuality. Meg is fiery and intelligent, yet with gentleness. I have read this book many times and always with the same amount of enjoyment as the first. The others in the series are just as good, but this is definitely my favourite. I just hope that Erik's story will be told....
on 3 August 1998
The book was great. I loved it. The story of Dominic and Meg will always delight me. Elizabeth Lowell is a great writer.