TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 March 2017
This was a book I read in my childhood and recently brought it to read to my 22 month old son. A basic storyline and quick read, which is good for little ones who cant sit still for too long. The book has interactive flaps and my son likes to lift as we are reading. The interactive nature of this book keeps my son occupied. The book is a good size and lovely that it is hardback as it means it is harder wearing for my son who likes to throw things around a lot.
on 7 November 2016
Fantastic book. Daughter's favorite since she was 8 months old. The pages are nice and thick so she can turn the pages herself and the flaps are big enough for her to open them herself. Loves this book.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 July 2014
Spot is one of the more modern children's classics - though I believe he has been around for a while now. I love Spot stories.
Spot is a very simply drawn little puppy - instantly recognisable by young children. He does every day things & is light & amusing.
Lift the flap books are great as they provoke a discussion with the child - what could possibly be under the flap? You know they have understood the story & it stretches their imagination - children don't always come up with the most expected answers!
This is a simple & easy early book which is ideal for an adult and child to read together. It isn't complicated so holds their attention even from a young age. There are plenty of opportunities for adult/child interaction, a child to be imaginative & for you both the laugh.
An ideal early book which I heartily recommend for a young child.
on 11 October 2015
The Spender Family:

Mum: Sensible Sue A lovely, entertaining book that toddlers can manage by themselves - or enjoy with Mum and Dad
Dad: Thrifty Tom The board books are more hard-wearing, so should last longer
Son: Shopaholic Steve Ideal unisex gift for a toddler, boys and girls love it. And it isn't pink!
Daughter: Crafty Katie Cut old pages into 6 or 8 pieces to create simple 'jigsaws' - they will be double-sided, so not SO easy
Grandma: Budget Brenda Look out for these at car boots etc. and check that the lift up flaps are intact (easy to replace)
Grandad: Practical Pete Try to reinforce the lift up flaps with a clear sticky back plastic film
Dog: Deefer Shhh, I'm sure that's my cousin ................
on 20 September 2015
The book itself is a lovely concept, although the animals hiding are a bit random, and its very difficult to make a hippo noise so I would have preferred it if they were a bit easier to involve in the story (i.e. a lion, monkey, cat...you can make the noises and get involved a bit). The flaps that you have to lift are quite poor quality and tear very easily, which means the hiding concept is ruined or you need to fix them. The pages are very robust and withstand rough toddler hands well. A classic baby book which we are still reading every now and then at the age of 2.
on 22 January 2016
Where's Spot is a book I remembered from my own childhood, so I couldn't resist buying a copy for my daughter. We’ve had this around six months now and it is still a favourite with her (she’s almost two).

The lift-the-flap element of the book really appeals to my daughter, even though she knows who to expect on each page now. She can name all of the animals in the book as well as basic household objects, such as bed, rug and so on. I would definitely recommend this book for children ages 1 and up.
on 29 July 2017
I bought this book for my niece. It's an amazing story. My daughter has the book and she loved lifting up the flaps on the pages to look for Spot. It was her dinnertime read.
An all-time favourite.
on 4 August 2016
This story has grown on my son. He is now 16 months old and when we ask him any question, he shakes his head vigorously 'no, no, no', whether we're asking about Spot's location or otherwise. Hilarious!

Spot seems to have been captured at some point in the 1980s, judging by the furnishings of his home - see pink valance on double bed. A 1980s home overrun with wild animals. If only our little one would eat up his din-dins.
on 19 January 2018
Timeless! My son had this book (30 odd years ago) and I bought for 1 year old grandchild. I thought he might not like as so many books now have sound etc., but it has proved to be a huge winner. He knows exactly what to do to lift the flaps.
on 30 November 2017
Awful quality! Half of the features on pages were torn out! Could not use. Straight in the bin. Such a waste.
review imagereview imagereview image