on 15 November 2017
Recognise this book from my own/little sister's childhood. My son loves this book and is always making a curious face to see what's under the flaps. He's only four months and I think we can hold on to this until he learns to read himself.
on 20 January 2013
Bought not for me, you understand, but for my newish great nephew as a Christmas present. He is more interested in chewing the cover at the moment than sharing it with his Mum and Dad, but the time will come. Spot was a part of my children's childhoods and unfortunately for Eric Hill's sales figures, we passed the book around and shared it with many children. This is only the second new version I have bought, I will need to wait for the next generation of family to produce more offspring before I buy another. The concept is so simple, but was entirely original in its day, involving words and pictures with an activity, that is looking for Spot under flaps in the book in a variety of hiding places. It is a shared activity that has helped, I guess, a great many children as well as mine to develop a love of books and reading, which will surely hold its place in an electronic world. Thanks Spot and Eric Hill.
on 22 November 2013
My don has really got his money's worth from this book. I bought it for his first Christmas when he was 6 months old. The repetition is great for engaging their attention and they grow to memorise the repetition and know to lift the flap at the right time. Then when he was around 10 months he began learning what the different animals are and the object they were hiding in/under. By the time he was 2, he was turning the pages and "reading" to himself (not actually reading but just knowing the story so well.

I would highly recommend this as a great first book for babies
on 13 September 2014
My 20 month old daughter absolutely loves this book. She has this spot book and also 'spot hoes to the park' but this is her favourite out of the two books by far. It's clear, exciting, interactive and really fun. We have read it together so many times and she never gets bored of it. I have noticed a few of the flaps ripped off now though which is a shame, but that's toddlers for you! Older kids will love this book too. Great purchase! Especially for a long journey.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 October 2015
I bought this book for my granddaughter, based on the enjoyment I have seen so many children get from it over the years. The only problem is that the flaps are so stiff on this copy (it's never happened before and I've owned several) that it took several attempts on each page to lift them and she started to lose interest. I assume they will ease off in time.
on 10 June 2018
Bought this to read with my grandson who really enjoys lifting the flaps and making the noises of the animals. Would have liked the line ‘where’s Spot’ on each page for repetition as this is good for the age my grandson is at with his speech and learning but I just add this myself.
on 29 January 2017
I had this book myself as a child and it brought back memories. At 3 months old my daughter is too young to really appreciate it but she really enjoys me reading to her and loves when I open each flap to reveal a different animal (along with the obligatory impressions). I can't wait until she starts to open the flaps herself.
on 24 April 2016
Got this book for my little girl who loves looking at books so happy I got this book, she loves this book with the lift flaps she is excited to know who is behind the flaps, great book, good thickness of the book so that's a great thing because it can't rip easy, it's not thin like some books I have bought.
on 22 March 2016
So pleased that so many of the classic stories are available in board book format so my son can enjoy the stories I grew up with, without worrying about pages getting ripped. I'm sure at some point the flaps will be ripped off, but it hasn't happened yet and it's a bit tougher to rip them off a board book!
on 18 August 2017
A book I read as a child, great to see it's still so loved. Engaging, fun and completely relatable for children. The board book is a great purchase, particularly for babies 6 months+ who love throwing things putting everything in their mouths! Durable, hard wearing. All round lovely book!