Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 24 January 2008
from Eric Hill.

This review is for the PUFFIN paperback, lift-the-flap version/1983.

22 thick, shiny pages in the popular 2-page spread format.
Large, bold, easy-to-follow text on one page and a picture and a lift-the flap opportunity on the other.
9 sturdy flaps ensure successful lifting/replacing, time and time again.
Colourfully illustrated throughout.

In this story, naughty Spot is being elusive, at dinner time, and his Mum (Sally) has to go and seek him out!
The delightful story is enhanced by the various creatures hidden behind the flaps who aid the lovable Spot by responding 'No!' to the question asked....until the last page.....when all is revealed!

From the back cover:-

'SPOT is one of the essential experiences of childhood' - Parent Magazine.'

One of the best series of books for early readers, in my opinion!
on 2 November 2007
I bought this for my 10 month old daughter, and now at nearly two years of age she still loves having it read to her. A wonderful lift the flap book which lets the little ones really get involved in the story, which features a bear, snake, hippo, lion, monkey, crocodile, penguins and a tortoise. The popularity of this board book has led to the purchase of other 'Spot' books.
on 2 February 2009
Nice story. Lovely illustrations, but I found that my one year old quickly pulled the flaps off by pulling too hard in her attempts to get them open, which was very disappointing. She is a very independent baby and likes to look at the books with mummy, then on her own and turn the pages herself. If your baby is similar, or unless you are willing to constantly supervise his/ her reading efforts then I would recommend another book with a sturdier construction.
on 16 March 2009
It's a very good book. I would highly recommend it. My little boy loves looking for Spot over and over again.
on 5 February 2009
Both my son and grandson, 21 years on, have had hours of pleasure reading and re-reading this book. The more familiar babies are with the pictures and text the more they love it?!
on 11 February 2009
My 20 month old twins love this book. They like lifting the flaps and now can identify the animals under the flaps.
on 27 September 2008
I bought this several months ago for my little boy, who is now 16 months old. Although he loves his books, bringing me a book to read to him several times during the day, this has never been one of his favourites. Despite that, this is the only "lift-the-flap" book that he has managed to tear off one of the flaps from (and he has several of these books). I guess that babies have different tastes in books (just like adults) but I think it could have been made a lot sturdier. For example, we have had no problems with "Dear Zoo" which has been read a lot more times.
VINE VOICEon 26 March 2010
Had this book for a while and the kids used to really like it. Has flaps that lift for you to look for spot. Some of the drawings are a bit rubbish but the world is like that so I like it
on 29 August 2008
My 15 month old boy loves this book and never tires of opening the flaps.. The only slight issue I have is that it contains a lot of 'no's' in it. That is how the book runs of course as he's looking for spot in the cupboard, under the bed etc saying 'is he under the bed?' and some animal will be under the flap saying 'no'. Of course that's the way of the book, but i'm just conscious of it being in the negative state throughout for some reason, and affirming 'no' every time my boy lifts a flap.
on 1 May 2009
My 9 month enjoys this book especially the pictures. The flaps are hard for her to lift as the seem to stick. Once the flaps have been used several times its getting easier.