Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 May 2012
this book helps you understand that yourself can seem different and more sensitive from other people and it is totally OK to be different.
it's helping me a lot finding myself and balance in emotions/feelings in life.
a very good self-help book to recommend!
on 16 June 2014
Lets face it it is not cool to admit that you become over stimulated by life events.
This book puts what may have appeared as anxiety into a different less troubling category and makes a lot of sense.
I have run businesses, been in high pressure roles and learnt how to manage myself, this book would have been so useful 25 years ago.
Lots and lots of people are this way it just isnt spoken about for fear of being found out.
I feel better now :)
on 11 April 2013
Reassuring to know that your reactions to certain situations are 'completely normal' as a HSP, when those around criticise your behaviour.
on 2 April 2015
With respect to those who found this revalationary I just cannot agree. The description of the HSP and that it is"normal" with a percentage of people being born with these traits makes sense and must be comforting. But thereafter the science got less and the woolly vagueness got more. I found it rambling and a bit too " New age" for me. The authority pointing out that everyone was individual then generalised like mad.
I have given it 3* rather than 2 because although it didn't meet my expectations I think other HSPs May find it to their taste
on 3 October 2015
This is a superb book. It really does throw great insight into being highly sensitive. I actually feel normal after reading it.
on 19 July 2013
A very interesting book, it confirmed things to me about myself, highly recommend it, very useful, good case studies too
on 7 January 2012
I was given this book by my husband, he gave me the Highly Sensitive Test before handing me the book and said, 'this is for you!'. I laughed and thought the book looked very interesting for I have always known that I am highly sensitive. I have just finished reading all of the book today, I read the first half before Christmas and had to put it down for I found it was too upsetting. It was good to know that there is now a recognition of being more sensitive than others, that I am 20% of the population and I was interested in new information on how too manage being Highly Sensitive, but I found her jumping from one aspect to another, using very disturbed and distressed people as examples, telling the reader 'This is you' very unsettling..... I am only writing this for the book has made me feel 'upset' and 'confused', and I am aware that it could upset and confuse other Highly Sensitive People who will be reading this book.
on 30 December 2013
A must read for sensitive people, I really enjoyed this book, now I feel I am not alone as it describes how I feel
on 21 March 2015
Interesting book for anyone who feels their sensitivity and has wondered why they feel different.
on 24 April 2010
An intuitive insight to the trials and tribulations of being slightly different from main stream. Using a weakness as a means of strength is key to survival when surrounded by intimidating people and threatening circumstances. This book identifies the warning signs and offers the appropriate escape plan.