Customer reviews

on 2 January 2001
This excellent little book is small enough to tuck into a pocket when you are out walking. Not only will it help you to recognise the standard British trees, it also tells you what the wood is used for, some of the legends associated with these trees, the healing, magical and ritual uses.
An ideal gift for the new Druid or anyone else who has either an interest in Earth Religions or in trees in general.
on 21 July 2008
I'm fascinated by the things I'm reading in this little book. It not only gives the usual material-type details of the trees within, but also quite some details of the spiritual associations too, which makes it doubly interesting. We should value our trees (and the gifts they bring us) more.

My one small quibble is that, as a complete novice in this area, I'd appreciate perhaps a colour illustration for each tree, or at least leaf shapes etc., to help make recognition easier as I find living examples around me. I can recognise spruce and holly - but that's about it!

Fantastic value, very interesting - and well worth the price, otherwise.
on 9 June 2008
A tree identification book with a difference! It's filled with fascinating, enchanting explorations of the ritual and folklore associated with each tree. Helps the reader get a feel for the 'character' of these lovely British trees. I am completely in love with this beautiful little book.
on 27 November 2009
I bought this following a recommendation by a National Trust garden speaker but was very disappointed. This is more folk lore than fact and there a very few illustrations. I did infact return it for a refund.
on 30 October 2016
I bought this for my niece and she loves it as it fits in her pocket whilst out walking she would recommend it for anyone who wants to identify a tree a good reference book
on 18 April 2011
A lovely little book with great information, perfect for taking with you on a walk and becoming more aware about nature around you.
on 18 November 2013
It gives you a different view of trees and you can understand some of the myths that you have heard about.
Brilliant service
on 24 August 2013
I'm satisfied with this product. It is exactly as I's imagined it. It performs the function it was bought to perform.
on 20 December 2016
Lovely little pocket sized book, bought second hand but in great condition.
on 30 July 2015
All as expected. Friend delighted with it.