Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 April 2017
The best book on Tarot bar none. This is all you need.
on 3 May 2014
It too an INCREDIBLY long tome to be dispatched but on the plus side it was new as described. The second book dealing with the Minors is not much help but the first one is a much better study than most that are out there.
on 22 July 2017
A bit heavy for me, but l'm only a novice at Tarot. Still good to dip into this expert's knowledge and ideas.
on 25 April 2017
Probably the most insightful tarot book. Even if you are not into tarot its a really interesting read, accurately and eloquently describing the spiritual psychology of the souls journey, through archetypes, social constructs, mysticism and shared human themes. Very accessible and easy to read, yet deep and meaningful. I'm a tarot novice and this book has deepened my relationship with the art of tarot but also my understanding of who we are. Love this author, talented lady.
on 26 August 2008
I have been doing Tarot since I was a small child as my mother was a well known psychic and Tarot reader. When I was 19 I had the good fortune to stumble across this book. Even though I already read the Tarot this book opened me up to a new level. I started teaching Tarot by the age of 21 and now I am 42 it has been a life long passion. Rachel Pollack is probably the best Tarot teacher in the world and I owe a lot of my success and understanding to her natural brilliance. It is not an easy read but a very rewarding one. The Tarot world is indebted to Rachel for this break through classic. If you are at all interested in Tarot then this book is essential reading.
on 18 July 2013
A very complete book on the Wiate tarot deck of cards.
Difficult for a beginner, but very callenging.

Here we can finf every possible meaning of each card.
Without doubt a book that will accompaign all through my life - it shows every possibility of interpretation we can make, but also leaves us with the "liberty" of our own interpretion
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 October 2007
These days most anybody can do a tarot reading. There are literally hundreds of different decks all complete with canned readings for each card. In a way, it's rather like reading your daily horoscope as the results are rather generalized to match virtually anyone.

Definitely, not every tarot reader is equal in quality. The best readers go beyond simplistic generalizations. They not only tailor their layouts and reading results to match the individual but also look to the deeper meanings of the cards. These unique abilities are both invaluable skills and amazing talents.

Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom is a must have resource for anyone wanting to do real tarot readings. The author has an inherent ability to see depth within the cards that many need to be taught to notice. Within this book, she shares her valuable insights and urges the reader to follow suit. Originally this book was two books separating out the major and minor arcane. This new format brings these important references into one easier to access resource.
on 30 November 2014
Once again I bought a book based purely on the reviews of others and once again I wonder how I can see things so differently. I found this book boring and nothing more than a description of the image on the card and not the definitive interpretation of cards which I expected. I read what the author had to say on a few cards and afterwards I was no nearer understanding what the card meant than I was before. For me a waste of money.
on 7 March 2001
Rachel Pollack writes in a clear,straight-forward style.Through using case histories she illustrates how the Tarot can be used not only for divination but also for personal and spiritual growth,without being too Californian about it.It is a very user- friendly book.
on 17 April 2009
This is a cult book on the tarot,a must read for anyone learning or gaining for wisdom. Its more advanced than some of the other books on the subject, but very intersting all the same. Good addition to your library.