on 18 March 2013
This author answers all my questions. She is amazing. I'm finding it a little difficult to retrieve the info on vitamins because the print is so small. I would love this to be re published in a more modern form. This is a book all new mothers should have to prevent their babies having an early start on poiseness medicines/ drugs that will usurp all the vitamins from their bodies leaving them vulnerable to some other illness. Vitamins and minerals all the way. I'm so glad I've got this book. I suffer from asthma brought on from allergies to various things. One of which is animals with fur. Having spent the morning with horses, I came home wheezing and this time instead of reaching for my two inhalers I reached for 1000mg of vit c hourly and the next day my breathing had improved and third day wheezing had gone, No inhalers needed!
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 15 November 2017
Adele Davis is a genius.
She was researching and advising good nutrition when most of the world couldn't spell the word!!
I have brought family and friends from serious illness to good health by just reading up in this bok and applying it precisely.
I recommend it to all.
on 21 April 2016
Adelle is a remarkable nutritionist and I tell my friends of her book. I have four of her books at home. I have followed her advice for sometime now and never look back. Her book is a must to read. Thank you.
on 11 October 2015
dated and discredited for using made up references, but still more useful than mumsnet, some occasional gems
on 1 September 2013
I have all of Adelle Davis' books and I have used these books for guidance on health matters for 30+ years. I think that everything that Adelle Davis recommended is proven to be accurate with the passage of time, an example of this is folic acid in pregnancy, Adelle Davis was recommending this decades before it became accepted practice.
on 11 February 2018
Still a great book
on 4 October 2013
I dip in this book regularly. It gives guidance on what vitamins/enzymes you may be low on f- This is identified by sprcific ailments you may have. Absolutely fascinating
on 2 June 2016
Looks very good
on 12 May 2016
Bought to replace my previous copy which someone "borrowed". Very helpful advice
on 31 July 2014
Fantastic and well written guide to keeping and maintaining good health. Recommended to family and friends who also love it