on 11 June 2013
An excellent, informative book which is easy to follow. Explains clearly the mechanics of child birth, and why being active and working with your body and gravity is less painful and more productive than labouring hospital-style on your back in bed. The section on yoga you can either take or leave, as the rest of the book focuses on aspects of pregnancy and birth itself. Very glad I've read this as I feel more prepared for natural child birth.
on 15 February 2018
This book is a birthing bible. I used the childbirth postures given here with incredible success. Highly recommend.
on 30 September 2015
A good book that encourages being active during labour. The idea of active birth also seems to be encouraged by my local midwifery service and hospital. I intend to use the information gained from this book when I give birth at hospital soon.
on 18 January 2014
This is a key book for anyone wanting to understand Active Birth and how to use natural techniques to have a positive experience. Some of the pictures are dated now but looking past that it's a great book.
on 8 June 2017
Helped me through my pregnancy and birth with my first child
on 6 January 2017
Really really good book! It has lots of knowledge about the birth process, great yoga positions and tips for birthing positions. I'm really enjoying it.
on 11 May 2013
I bought this on recommendation.
It's a little bit dated, but the theory still applies.
I found it quite insightful and I enjoyed reading it.
I will definitely be trying all of the birthing positions suggested and will try my best to keep things natural
for my birth in a few weeks.
I feel more confident for reading this.
on 4 October 2014
i loved this book when i was pregnant. definitely helped me achieve the natural birth i was after. felt empowered reading it.
on 25 August 2014
Helped prepare me for what my wife was about to experience but felt a bit dated with stats from the 70's and 80's
2 people found this helpful
on 30 May 2015
I have read in excess of 10 birth books now and this was by far the most balanced, informative and helpful. I have recommended it to all my pregnant friends and their partners and will continue to do so.