on 8 July 2016
Have just had a quick flick through this book as it's just been delivered and I'm so happy with it already! Some fab recipes, recipes with leftovers, tips on what to serve with, etc. It also has meal plans and shopping lists and some ideas on how to make some recipes a bit more 'adult friendly'. I'm so excited to get started with this book! (From a lady who wasn't 100% keen on the 'baby led weaning cookbook by Natalie Bryan and who quite likes the recipes (there just aren't enough!) and tips in the baby-led weaning cookbook by Gill Rapley & Tracey Murkett) I'll write another review perhaps once I've tried some recipes!
on 31 July 2015
I cannot stress how brilliant this book is. I started BLW when my daughter was 6 months old. My daughter was successfully weaned by 12 months and now she is a confident little eater.

The recipes are cheap to make and easy to understand. I wasn't a confident cook at all before I started using this book, but now feel like a Nigella!

I cook all our family meals out of this book and can see myself continuing to do so for the foreseeable future. They taste so good and it's nice to know that my daughter is eating fresh, homemade meals.

This is the only cooking book a household needs, even if they don't have little ones!

BUY IT PLEASE!
on 5 November 2013
lovely ideas but of the handful of recipes that i have cooked they just don't work! i am a fairly proficient cook but the amounts stated are often vague e.g in muffin recipe "glut of olive oil" and "full fat milk" (no quantity). quite a few pages of things which quite frankly, if you have had a baby and survived as far as reading the book you are doing well - e.g toast. yes, book tells you how to cook toast...
on 12 May 2013
This book was most definitely my crutch when it came to weaning my youngest daughter! With my eldest daughter I had gone down the traditional, pureed, spoon-fed route, so BLW was new territory for me when it came to weaning my youngest and I needed inspiration! This book certainly provided that. It is packed with so many great recipes that are suitable for the whole family. The carbonara, for example, went down a treat with us all! The recipes are well laid out, easy to follow and best of all easy to make.

Also a big plus point for me is that the book also provides lots of ideas on snacks and meal planning - it's helped me get more organised and provide a healthy, balanced diet for my little ones (and myself and my husband).

Now we are out of the early days of weaning it's a book that I still turn to daily for recipes - there are so many in there, that I still have tons to try! Excellent value for money.

Thank you Felicity and Emma, I'll be looking out with interest for your next book!
on 1 March 2014
As I have a fussy eater - these recipes have given me some great ideas also the advice to chill out a little.
on 1 August 2013
Love, love, love this book! So practical, and gives you loads of ideas for toddlers. My twins cannot get enough of the breakfast bars, and so healthy for them too! Highly recommend!
on 4 March 2013
As a Grandmother and looking after my Grandchildren i liked the sound of this book and thought it would be helpful to get me 'up to speed' with weaning (as it has been many years since i had to do it) and wow did i find it helpful and very informative. I can cook a single meal for us all, and the leftover recipes are a great idea. The meal planners for different stages will be good as they get to grips with solids, I am finding the tips and tricks from the authors very helpful as they have clearly been through this with their own children.
on 31 May 2013
I bought this book once I decided to wean my second child. I purchased various weaning books and planners when weaning my first child and i wish this book had been available then as I wouldn't have needed to buy any other books!

The book has many positive points. Not only are the recipes very yummy (confirmed by my children's and husband's empty plates) they are easy to follow, very healthy, and give accurate preparation times.

There is a massive variety in recipes and there is even a 'fakeaway' chapter which is a fabulous and fun idea. I have already had my three year old involved in our Indian evening, colouring in the Indian flag and following the book's idea of making menus with coloured sand (Rangoli) and glue. For a curry night, we recommend 'Sammy's Saag Aloo' and the Lamb Samosas!

There are tips on making the dish go further, using leftovers, adding extras to make the adult portions a little more exciting and useful nutritional information. The section at the back of the book which lists recipes in order of prep and cooking time is ideal.

A great book and a recommended purchase for any mum about to embark on weaning or cooking for the family.
on 17 June 2013
There are some lovely recipes in this book and we have and are still enjoying some great meals, however the book seems to be full of errors! At the front of the book it explains that you will find some symbols next to some recipes ie. the freezer symbol. Not one single recipe has
This symbol next to it. The same applies for the left overs symbol. The tuna pasta bake recipe misses out milk from the ingredients which is vital for making the sauce so without knowing how much you need it could go very wrong! The vegetarian moussaka fails to tell you what temperature to heat the oven to. I'm just wondering how many more errors I'm going to find as we've only had the book for a week! I'm very pleased with the recipes but when I've paid money for something I don't expect it to be full of mistakes!
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 March 2013
This recipe book has been a life saver. Real recipes which are easy to make up if you are busy. Great information about what to feed, when and how much.

My 9 month old is a great fan and so am I.

I would recommend this to every Mum. When I was stuck for new ides to feed my little one this book came along and opened up a whole knew world. He now eats everything he is given and meal times are a joy and also a joy to prepare.