on 2 June 2010
What did you expect from such a well established pair? Once more the winning combination has produced more of the same, yet each and every stereotype is different. Hugely entertaining, although always slightly alarming when you recognise yourself in some of them! Every loo should have several copies on hand, while the latest edition should be kept in the guest bedroom. A house without at least one of these books is a very grim place and says much about the owners. The Social Stereotypes have become a British institution; we love to laugh at ourselves as much as we enjoy laughing at others. So go ahead and buy one....be British.
on 8 January 2010
The Social Stereotypes collection is hilarious, I'm a big fan. THis may be my favourite of them all.
on 10 November 2013
A book to pick up, dip into and when you put it down, you feel better. Amusing observations that we can all relate to, well illustrated. One of several in the series and I am now want to try the others.
on 7 March 2004
This hillarious compilation of the finer parts of the telegraph magazine really is a brilliantly-funny, witty and above all frighteningly accurate achievement. It strikes me as amusing as well as poignent and I am baffled as I continuously find a new area of society stereotypical sumarised in a few paragraphs each week by Sue Macartney-Snape. How does she do it, who knows but I hope it continues! A great follow up to "The embarassing parents" this really is a must have for all toilets, and you know that sooner or later you are going to appear in a whiped-up masterpiece brutaly sumarised and laughingly-glossed! True wit and humour is not often so readily available and charmingly presented!
on 15 February 2017