Customer reviews

Meditation Now or Never
Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 April 2017
Has given the confidence to pursue zen buddhism without clouding the the true purpose of meditation practice.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 December 2012
This is a really good introduction to Zen meditation. It is written in a straightforward way with clear instructions and explanation to help you to understand what Zen meditation is (and isn't!). I found that this book dispelled a lot of misconceptions that I had about the process and also guided me through the 'what to dos' and 'what to expects' in a very practical way. This is by far the most easily accessible and down to earth guide to Zen and meditation that I have read and I would highly recommend it to anyone, whether they are just curious about it or looking to start meditating themselves.
on 22 January 2013
This book has one central theme - the only one it really needs - keep bringing your attention back to the present. That's it, but it's couched in a lot of useful ways and with many attendant analogies. Well worth a read for the 'intermediate' practitioner.
on 12 May 2013
This is a very powerful book. The impact that a book has on you depends on where you are coming from: past experience, current attitude etc. This said, for me this has been an eye-opening book. It is simple and direct and delivers a very clear perspective on meditation and reality. Highly recommended.
on 28 April 2011
This book simple, clear, practical and also profound. the perfect book on meditation - answeres all questions for beginners, however I read it over and over as it speaks on different levels.
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 August 2017
This book really tells you what meditation is, but it could have been summarised in much less chapters. Plus, this is just my opinion, I'm not too keen in the tone of voice used by the author as a bit negative towards the reader.
on 31 January 2014
I have been experimenting with mediatation for a number of years now. Originally it was suggested as form of stress management to me but more lately I have become more interested in the buddhist principles behind it ... mid life crisis that has me labelled as a hippy by people that know me. Since I began to attempt to practice mindfulness those that know me have commented on the difference in my demeanour. Anyhow, this is great book that explains the whole idea and practice of mindfulness in everyday language without even a hint weirdy beardy stuff. I think its a great book, and having read it I have now just started at the beginning directly to make sure i get full benefit.
on 12 February 2013
An excellent, no nonsense introduction to meditation. It is suitable both for people starting to do meditation, and for more "seasoned" practitioners. Steve's writing is very direct, and clearly written from a long matured experience.
on 19 August 2011
I bought this book as I felt I needed more peace in my life. It is not enough to just buy it though you need to put some time aside to meditate on your own every day you can do this in a park or in your own room.
on 4 June 2011
i have read ~25 books on buddhism and zen
i thought this would be a nice book for beginners
but really it helped me get unstuck in some things that were weighing my practice down
simple and deep
this book seemingly negates the dichotomy between beginner's and advanced material
highly recommended