Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now

on 24 January 2017
So the quality of the meals are great, but there's a few caveats.
It's only fast if you have a food processor. As well as that, you're expected to rush. I just took the hit and made it slower than Jamie.

Another issue is the amount of ingredients each recipe take, which works out quite expensive if you don't already have every nut and herb under the sun in the cupboard.

In hindsight, I wouldn't have bought the book as there's too much going on in each recipe for my liking.
15 people found this helpful
on 15 January 2018
This recipe book has some nice recipes within it but don't be fooled into thinking these are fast suppers! The timings assume the food is already prepped and ready to cook, and in order to cook within the allowed time you use every cooking utensil, pot, pan and blender known to man so the clear up time is quite considerable. Shame really as the concept is great and despite this I will enjoy the cooking.
8 people found this helpful
on 29 September 2016
I love this book. To be clear there is no way I can make the meals in 15 minutes - once you factor in prep (getting everything out, on, ready), plus not being a professional chef (albeit fairly handy in a kitchen), it's more like 25 minutes, although I find I can trim this down the more I cook a particular recipe. I also prefer to get all the veggies etc prepped before I start rather than doing it on the fly like Jamie does as I find myself getting stressed otherwise. What I love is that you make a really delicious meal with incredible flavour combinations without having to worry about what will go well with what. I've probably made about 15 or so of the recipes and there are only a couple I didn't think were really yum. Even my 9 and 7 year old children love this food - things that they would normally not countenance have been gobbled up with glee. Apart from the time thing - which is just a marketing gimmick really - the only other downside I have found is the amount of clearing up - millions of pans, food processors, bowls, knives, graters etc etc to wash up after. However - a small price to pay for delicious food. If you want true 15 minute meals- you could try the Joe Wicks 'Lean in 15' book, but for me the meals were just a bit on the bland side. I also recommend the 30 minute meals book - feasible even for midweek if you leave out the desserts.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 June 2014
As with everyone else - unless you have everything prepped and don't mind your kitchen looking like a bomb has gone off you can't do the meals in 15 mins. I reckon 25ish mins if you clean up as you go along and don't work so hard you break a sweat.

The book is well laid out and beautiful. The recipes are easy to follow (much easier than in the 30 min meals book which I felt jumped about a bit and had to read each recipe about 10 times!). The ingredients and flavours are ‘my kind of food’ and I have enjoyed everything I’ve made so far. One of the winners for me is the coconut rice which is now a firm favourite with other dishes. I really like how Jamie takes something kind of ordinary and already on my repertoire (e.g. chill) and then totally lifts it for example by serving with lemon bulger wheat and more interesting complex flavours in the chill.

If you are on a tight budget this probably isn't the book for you – need a lot of super tasty extras, lots of veg and nice cuts of meat/fish etc and Jamie makes use of packs of ready prepared lentils and stuff which are more expensive (obviously) than making you own.

Overall, love the book and it has got LOADS of recipes in to try.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 September 2017
Very motivational. Also helped me to understand about adding and building flavours into good fresh food. Thanks Jamie. I also already have his 30 min book and 'Saving with Jamie'.
3 people found this helpful
on 2 January 2016
Amazon tells me we bought this book two years ago - it's still our number one book to go to if we want something seriously delicious, offensively healthy and that we can prep and cook within an hour. Yeah an hour (max), technically it might be possible to do them in 15 minutes but you'll need practice and it will get very stressful. A small price to pay though for such great dishes.
Negatives (apart from the slight cooking time fib) are: making these meals turns our kitchen into a bombsite which needs another 15 minutes of dedicated cleaning, also our shopping bill goes up noticeably when we have a few of these in the weeks menus.
Even with all that though - almost every meal is a delight to eat, can't even take a star off.
One person found this helpful
on 17 February 2018
Great product. All of the recipes are simple to make and taste great. I am slowly working my way through them. Obviously it's tricky to get them done in 15 mins, but the point really is that they are very simple, quick, yummy and healthy. To be honest, they are pretty foolproof. You will have to shop for your fresh ingredients and stock up your pantry for the dried ones, but if you use the book a lot, you will use a lot of the dried ingredients time and again. We are enjoying trying lots of new flavours and are trying to try at least 1 new dish a week which is fun.
on 20 September 2014
I have to agree with those that say most recipes don't take 15 minutes unless you've learnt it and practiced, but if you are prepared with all the ingredients, they're all within 25.

I am not a fan of how much Jamie uses lemon and vinegar in food, but that is personal taste and I found it easy to adapt some of the recipes to my family's taste.

All in all the flavours are fantastic and the dishes are healthy. We already have a few favourites I've made quite a few times, both my family and a a few guests have benefitted and comment in how good the dishes are.

The only watch out from me is be prepared for quite a bit more mess than your standard weekday meal. It definitely pays to work tidy like a true chef and have a dishwasher handy with so many pots, pans and utensils in play.
One person found this helpful
on 1 May 2018
Fantastic recipe book from the previously naked chef, Jamie Oliver. Great recipes from the TV series where, if you've got the equipment, you can produce delicious, nutritious food in 15 mins (give or take), some practice may be required.
Well written, beautifully illustrated and full of info a must for anyone who likes to make their own food or any fan of Mr Oliver.
Recommended.
on 27 May 2017
Having watched the tv series I found the book to be full of great information. Would definitely recommend this to anybody looking for another view on food.
2 people found this helpful