Customer reviews

The Accidental Husband
Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 September 2017
I love Jane Green and I've read this book twice so far. **SPOILER ALERT** Although I found myself wanting to yell at the female characters for being so trusting, I also found myself rooting for them!
on 14 July 2017
Well written book by a very talented author
on 13 June 2017
Could not put it down....thoroughly enjoyed this book. Maybe the ending was a little far fetched but still loved it
on 25 September 2014
This was a good read, although a little predictable, I had guessed what was going to happen by 49% and it did! Good read though.
on 23 July 2017
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book and it blew me away. Within the first few chapters I was hooked and have binge read to the end.
on 16 July 2013
This was a heart warming story. Sad and very realistic at times, but a lovely ending. Would definitely recommend this book
on 11 April 2013
Loved this book. A great holiday read, so easy to get into. This is the second book by the author I have read and loved both
on 6 April 2013
Loved this book kept gripped with the huge twist in the story I would recommend this book to anyone and definitely going to read more of hers xx
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 March 2013
Jane Green was one of the first authors I read when my passion for reading began. Jemima J and Straight Talking were favourites of mine. I haven't read any of her more recent books so I was looking forward to reading The Accidental Husband to see if her new books still live up to her old ones.

Sylvia is struggling having her husband continuously away with work and her mother who is very demanding and negative, now to top things off she is beginning to worry about her daughter Eve.
On the other side of the coast Maggie is living the life of Luxury, she isn't around much for her children but when her daughter delivers some devastating news her life begins to crumble down around her.

This book was nothing but trouble! As I put my dinner in the oven and began to make a start on this book I was instantly hooked and the chapters are short so you keep thinking oh just one more but of course that lead to another and another until before I knew it dinner was burnt! Then to top it off I couldn't put the book down so stayed up until 1.30am to finish it and then slept through my alarm so was late for work! So is this book worth reading? Well I think you have your answer!

Sylvia's character in particular has been developed very well she is a devoted and caring daughter, mother and wife. My heart went out to her with the problems that lay heavily on her shoulders. The situation regarding her daughter Eve was also very well written being told from both sides of the story from how both Eve and Sylvia felt about the situation. This really is a very delicate subject but it was covered very well.
I didn't like Maggie's character when we first met her but towards the last half of the book her character came round full circle in the end and she also became a joy to read.

There were a couple of emotional moments in this book that had the heartstrings being pulled and had me hoping I would never find myself in the same situation.The main storyline was rather predictable and ever so far fetched but it is the way the family's dealt with the situation which made this book so readable.

This book is definitely up there with my favourites by this author. If you are looking for something fast paced that will have you engrossed from start to finish give this one a go.
on 29 August 2017
I usually like Jane Green books, so this is a real let-down. The plot line is interesting enough, focusing on the two women and their families who are both affected by the bigamy of the husband in question. However, it's a very slow start to get to the point of revelation that we already know about, and after that it becomes rather scrappy and cliched. The highly improbable and very sweet ending set my teeth on edge - it's very Mills & Boon so I suggest you try another Green novel rather than this one!